Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer Record Custom Fields

Report design issues and solutions.
C-Tec Belfast
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Customer Record Custom Fields

Post by C-Tec Belfast » 04 Jun 2013, 11:57

I am using Sage Line 50 V18 and am trying to build a report for sales rep v sales for that month for commission purposes. I have changed the Customer record custom field to Rep codes but when building a report using the wizard cannot find this field.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer Record Custom Fields

Post by brucedenney » 05 Jun 2013, 08:36

it is called Analysis1
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

C-Tec Belfast
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by C-Tec Belfast » 07 Jun 2013, 09:50

Thanks Bruce

cliffox
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by cliffox » 05 Mar 2015, 09:27

Hi all, first post so be kind...
Have all our customers on our new Sage system and have used 'Department' as a geographical (geo code) analysis of the client as a way of analysing sales BUT when I run "Product Sales by Customer" it groups the sales for a customer who is flagged as Department 1 with the sales for Department 0. I have checked the customer and the order and both show the Department as 1 but the report does not separate them...
Any thoughts or suggestions?
I have also looked at analysis codes and thought of using these as the 'geo' code for my analysis BUT it means that the person loading the customer has to enter the geo code each time, meaning errors can be made...
Many thanks,
Cliff

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 05 Mar 2015, 10:50

I can't find a report called "Product Sales by Customer" where are you finding it? Can you give me the filename?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 05 Mar 2015, 11:04

I found it, it is an Invoice report and it doesn't group by department, it lists products in stock code order for each customer.

If you have modified it, could you attach your modified code to a post?

There is a criteria on it for department, perhaps you meant when you ran the report for department 0 some department 1 things appeared rather than things being grouped by department?

cliffox
User
User

Post by cliffox » 05 Mar 2015, 13:46

Hi Bruce, thank you for the feedback, interesting... I haven't changed the report,
If I ask it for only department 0 info it still includes customers that are department 1 though?
I have started creating a report from scratch but it's proving messy (for me). What I want is a monthly sales report that groups sales (net of carriage) by department and similar invoice report...
I would have thought these were pretty normal needs but haven't found anything as yet, hence my delving into creating reports...

cliffox
User
User

Post by cliffox » 05 Mar 2015, 14:13

Have created a custom report that includes:
Invoice Date
Invoice No
Department No
Net Value
Name
Currency Symbol

The strange thing is that for 1 line orders you get one line of report for that order showing the Net Value BUT for 3 or 4 line item orders, I get 3 or 4 lines each showing the same data and the total is then calculated based on the sum of those (erroneous) values...

Any help would be welcome, I am seeing double already!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 05 Mar 2015, 18:17

If you are using the original report, then I would not expect it to work when you use the department criteria.

This is because the department it is reporting on is the department on the item on the invoice. This is typically the department from the product code.

You need to alter the report to use the criteria from the department off the linked customer record to get the result you are expecting.

cliffox
User
User

Post by cliffox » 09 Mar 2015, 11:32

Thanks Bruce, I managed to create a new report pulling the department from the Sales Ledger data for the customer and also pulling the Invoice_Line data to give me the total value of each line and then summing it at the bottom so all OK now.
One little niggle that I didn't solve is that the Job number is formatted with a comma i.e. 1,234 instead of 1234. Can't seem to find where to format it as text to remove the comma...

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Mar 2015, 15:58

It is in the properties of the field.

cliffox
User
User

Post by cliffox » 10 Mar 2015, 16:15

Struggling to find the properties, sorry!

cliffox
User
User

Post by cliffox » 10 Mar 2015, 16:42

found it...