Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Custom Label Layout

Report design issues and solutions.
Rozie
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Custom Label Layout

Post by Rozie » 10 Dec 2014, 10:42

Hi I am sure this is something simple, but I just can't find the solution.

I need to print a list of customer addresses on the labels layout L7563, but this isn't available in our label print layout list.

No problem, I can fix this (I thought), and opened an unwanted layout in report designer. I managed to change the font, the sheet layout to 2 x 7 labels, but when I select labels L7563 or even manually enter the required measurements, they don't "stick". It just doesn't save these settings and the bottom 2 labels drop off the page.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Custom Label Layout

Post by brucedenney » 10 Dec 2014, 11:41

Margins?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Rozie
User
User

Post by Rozie » 10 Dec 2014, 12:09

Thanks for the reply

The margins are set to "0", but it still doesn't work. When I visit the Page Setup dialog box again, the labels settings have jumped back to "custom" with a height of 42.418mm, but should be 38mm.

There is nowhere where the text or the label is that large.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Dec 2014, 14:27

Is this the margin on the label or on the page setup?

If you click on "Labels" in page setup you get this box where you set the label up.
label.png
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Rozie
User
User

Post by Rozie » 10 Dec 2014, 15:21

I see what you mean. They are correct too:
Left Margin 4.6567mm
Top Margin 15.875mm

However, it is the label size and pitch that keeps defaulting, I want the measurements below, these are what come as standard for the template L7563:
Width 99.060mm
Horizontal Pitch 101.060mm
Height 38.100mm
Vertical Pitch 38.100mm

but it keeps defaulting back to:
Width 103.75mm
Horizontal Pitch 106.29mm
Height 42.418mm
Vertical Pitch 42.418mm

Even changing the page margins doesn't help.

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 19 Dec 2014, 16:15

Are you using the "custom" label?

Hanban
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Hanban » 13 Apr 2017, 15:19

Hi Bruce, I'm having this same problem.
I require a 65labels/sheet template. I select a template that I require on page setup ->labels ->advanced ->preset label size and select the one I need but this does not print correctly. So I go manually change the template sizes and the margins (they are not far off anyway). It still does not print correctly and when I go back to check the margin and sizes they are completely different to what I have entered. And it says its a 'custom label' too. Have you any ideas?
Do you know if I'm able to upload a template to Sage if that would help? Thank you.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 20 Apr 2017, 10:33

If it is not "remembering" your margins.

Try printing to preview and changing the margins from there and try editing the report and selecting the printer and changing margins in the report designer, it may save in one not the other.

If these don't work then it could be an issue with your printer not accepting that small a margin.

Make a copy first.