Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Terms of Payment

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
nagsy
User
User
Sage Version: Canadian Sage 50 Version

Terms of Payment

Post by nagsy » 06 Jan 2012, 11:08

Hi,

In Sage 50 is it possible to set 'Terms of Payment' for customers and suppliers as:
"End of Month +Net Days"
i.e. if a customer was on End of Month + 30 Days" and was invoiced any time this month their payment would be required by 1st March.

Cheers,

Nagsy

KeithR
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Terms of Payment

Post by KeithR » 06 Jan 2012, 12:44

You can setup the ageing periods with calendar monthly ageing enabled so ageing reports would look similar to how you describe, but the terms themselves are normally just XX number of days

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 10 Jan 2012, 15:49

You can do exactly what you want

Settings>Customer Defaults>Ageing

Select period ageing just tick the box which says Start ageing on the first day of the month after transaction date.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AirfilProPack
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by AirfilProPack » 13 Nov 2014, 14:52

I can see that this also a generic setting for suppliers, but we have a mixed selection of payment terms. Some of x number days from invoice and others are x number of days from month end. Is there a way Sage can deal with this?
Airfil Protective Packaging Ltd - For all your packaging needs

www.airfil.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 17 Nov 2014, 09:53

Not easily.

You can calculate the age of a debt, you can use the due date on the transaction so you could, I think, calculate the ageing the way you describe create a value for current, over, older and so on.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.