Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Display Project Ancestor on project report.

Report design issues and solutions.
iStevie
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Display Project Ancestor on project report.

Post by iStevie » 22 Oct 2013, 14:07

Hi,

I am having some trouble with designing a report where I need to be able to raise a report based on a project (which is a descendant of another project in hierarchy), however I need for the report to display something along the lines of, "the parent project for this record is: xxxxxxxx"

I know (think) I can do the opposite whereby I generate a report based on the parent project and get it to show me all of the descendant projects by using the DECENDENT_PROJECT.NAME field, but the only field that seems to be available relating to the parent/ancestor project is ANCESTOR_ID which just displays the project number (not the reference or description).

I hope I have been clear in what I'm trying to do, any help would be very much appreciated. Using Sage 50 Accounts Pro 2013, Report designer v1.4.2013.27.

Thanks,
Steve.
Last edited by iStevie on 14 Nov 2013, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2016 Subscription
- Sage 50 Payroll
- Sage 50 HR 2010
- Sage 50 Forecasting 2007

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Display Project Accestor on project report.

Post by brucedenney » 22 Oct 2013, 14:21

You need to go into joins.

you need to have the project table in there twice.

You can rename them to make it easier to keep track. But one of them is the child and one of the, it the parent. The join may need to be a parent outer.

So you have the actual project linking to its parent project, you can then reference the field in the parent project table rather than in the child (or vice versa)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

iStevie
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Display Project Accestor on project report.

Post by iStevie » 23 Oct 2013, 12:13

Hi,

Thanks for that!

I had to create a join from the existing 'PROJECT' group with an inner join from the 'PROJECT_PROJECT_NO' field to a new Join group I created with an Alias of 'PARENT_PROJECT' to the 'PROJECT_ID' field.

Appreciate your help!
Steve.
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2016 Subscription
- Sage 50 Payroll
- Sage 50 HR 2010
- Sage 50 Forecasting 2007