Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

ODBC and MySQL Data sources

Report design issues and solutions.
billshankley
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

ODBC and MySQL Data sources

Post by billshankley » 26 Sep 2013, 16:14

I'm looking at setting up a datasource in the Sage Report Designer to a MySQL database on our network, the option to add new datasources is available, MySQL even happens to be one of them but neither that or using a ODBC system DSN appears to work with standard connection strings.

Has anyone got some example connection strings or experience of setting this up?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: ODBC and MySQL Data sources

Post by brucedenney » 27 Sep 2013, 09:05

Here you are...

ConnectionString = "ODBC;DSN=SageLine50v" & DN & ";UID=" & UR & ";PWD=" & PW & ";DIR=" & DR & ";"

DN is the version of Sage 50
UR is the user name eg MANAGER
PW is the Password
DR is the path to the Sagea (it should end with \ACCDATA.. eg C:\SageData\2012\DemoData\ACCDATA)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

billshankley
User
User

Post by billshankley » 30 Sep 2013, 12:40

Hi Bruce,

Thanks, my question though was specifically linking to MySQL, I can link to other Sage installs using your connection string and to SQL server instances with the following connection string

Server=myServer\sqlInstance;Database=myDb;User Id=sa;

But I simply cannot get MySQLDataProvider or ODBCDataProvider (found in tools/data sources/add/data provider) to play ball...

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 30 Sep 2013, 14:19

I can not be understanding the question.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

billshankley
User
User

Post by billshankley » 30 Sep 2013, 14:35

I'm in Report Designer and adding a datasource, your connection string appears to be an example for connecting to a sage install but I want to connect to non Sage MySQL database either directly or via ODBC and then pull that data on to my report via a subreport.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Oct 2013, 15:58

If you are trying to use the Sage report designer to report on data that is not coming from sage you are unlikely to get anywhere as I think it is tied to Sage.

You would need to buy an independent report designer not one that is tied to Sage products eg Crystal Reports, use MS Access/MS Excel or something like that.