Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

BOM ON GDN

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
YWOODS
User
User

BOM ON GDN

Post by YWOODS » 27 May 2008, 09:31

This is driving me mad!

I am trying to create a template for the GDN which shows the BOM element.

I need it to only show what has been allocated within the BOM rather than the 'umberella' product which it does at the moment

If I have not been descriptive enough, please ask me what EXACTLY do I mean....

Thanks

:shock:

Oppps V12 on FC

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 27 May 2008, 13:42

The order has only the single product, made up out of sub components described in the BOM.

You can not allocate stock to the items in the BOM on a SOP.

You can not part ship parts of a BOM you have to ship the whole thing.

Maybe you should go back to first principles and explain what you are trying to do, perhaps there is another way.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

YWOODS
User
User

Post by YWOODS » 28 May 2008, 14:40

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for getting back to me.

OK I understand that the BOM's have to be allocated/despatched as a whole the query I have is

I am trying to print a GDN which not only shows the 'whole' product, but the BOM also as when a person receives our goods, they are made of components which need to be agreed to have been delivered

Does this make it more clear?

Thanks

Yvone

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 May 2008, 11:40

That should be possible... BUT

The way that BOMS are handle in Sage is not very neat, they are all held at the same level as the Stock record, so you need to put all the possible BOM items on the layout.

In practice that means 50 extra sections, one for each BOM component, each one being filtered, depending on if the component is being used.

I have never tried to make or seen a layout with 50 sections, in theory it should work, but in practice, it might not!

It will be a laborious job to create, but you should be able to do it.

If you never use more than 10 items then you can get away with doing just 10 sections so you could make it easier for yourself.

You will only be able to put the product code, not its description on as you can not link it to the stock table.

There are other ways to approach the issue as well. You could put text in the Web Description, listing all the parts and print the web description on the delivery note.

You could even have an external application that constructs the web description text and puts it in sing 3rd party integration.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Orion Optics
User
User

Post by Orion Optics » 05 Jul 2008, 10:42

Hi,

Following on from this.

Is it possible to show and print the actual quanitiy in stock from system next to each corrosponding STOCK.COMPONENT_CODE_1 on an actual sales order printing in (layouts)?

From this I will be then able to tell the correct production area to produce the correct part and roughly how long it will take to complete the order, without looking at other reports and spreadsheets.

Below is what I have at the moment if it makes sense. I am using up to and including code-20 at the moment

BOM Code
STOCK.COMPONENT_CODE_1

Qty Required
SOP_ITEM.QTY_ORDER * STOCK.COMPONENT_QTY_1

Qty in Stock
from system
?

Thank you in advance.

John

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 07 Jul 2008, 17:30

No, there is no link from the BOM to the Stock code to get the levels.

I could do it in a spreadsheet!

Sounds like you need more of an MRP orientated BOM module that does trial kitting.

Take a look at this, it is not expensive and may well sort out issues for you.
http://www.skyewright.co.uk/win32/designs/

KenStarnes
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: BOM ON GDN

Post by KenStarnes » 16 Jul 2013, 11:16

I have a similar issue trying to print despatch notes from invoice data. I would like to print the BOM where a product has one and suppress the printing when it doesnt.
I can almost do it but get a lot of blank lines because a line of underscores remains even though I'm using the same criteria to suppress printing. if STOCK.COMPONENT_CODE_1 = "" then SuppressPrinting = True
This is all being done in the Item_number footer 3

I could email an example output if required

Thanks for any help

Ken

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Jul 2013, 07:45

The way to to this is to add sections, these can then be conditional rather than the field. The difference is that if the section is not printed then it takes up no space.

If you have 50 items on the BOM then it is 50 sections! It will take a while to do.

leyburnsolutions
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by leyburnsolutions » 17 Jul 2013, 16:04

I know of someone from another forum who tried this and, relating to your earlier mention of whether you can add that many sections, he found that Report Designer crashed after about 30 sections/joins had been added albeit, as long as your BOMS aren't that big, it's not an issue...

John

KenStarnes
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by KenStarnes » 19 Jul 2013, 15:48

I just about understand what Sections are all about but I don't understand using them within an existing section. (They seem to need some form of grouping which I don't really need and I wouldnt know where to start as I only need the Despatch Note in the default order for invoices).

I think I'll leave it as I've got it. It's not as if I'm printing them everyday

I guess there is a paid-for course on Report Writer that tells you all about its ins and outs but my company wouldn't pay for that kind of thing.

This is the sections it's in.....
del note with BOM_ - Sage Rep_2013-07-19_16-35-32.png
Thanks for the responses anyway.

Ken
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Jul 2013, 09:50

Sections are grouping, in this context you are not using them for the fact you can group on them but for the fact that you can hide them/not print them.

This way when a field is blank, rather than printing a blank line with the blank field on it, you don't print (suppress printing) the section containing the blank line and nothing is printed.

I think there are 5 days! of report writing available direct from Sage.

I offer a different kind of learning experiance. Rather than trying to cram everything you will ever need to know and loads of stuff you will never need into 5 days, I do learn-as-you-go the idea is that you wait until you hit a [problem, ring me up, connect me to your pc and you learn your way over the obstacle you are facing. The advantages are that the learning always has relevance, you only learn what you need, simple stuff you can work out for yourself is skipped, you don't need to take time out to go and learn.