Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Change to Remittance Advice

Report design issues and solutions.
Bob Saunders
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Change to Remittance Advice

Post by Bob Saunders » 01 Jul 2013, 07:27

Hi
I would appreciate some words of wisdom on making changes to Remittance Advice documents.
It relates to the Remittance.Detail field.
I want everything to print normal, but in the unique case when that field contains the word "Discount" I would like it to print "Deduction".
I have tried different expressions, but I can't create one that works....
Thanks on account
Bob

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Change to Remittance Advice

Post by brucedenney » 01 Jul 2013, 08:48

I guess there are lots of ways to do this.

One of the easy ways is to not do an expression but to have two field and hide them...

Instead use a conditional filter to suppress the printing of the field if the value is "Discount"

Have another text box containing the word "Deduction" and suppress it's printing if the value of Remittance.Detail is not "Discount"

Put the two items on top of each other and you should get what you want.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Bob Saunders
User
User

Post by Bob Saunders » 01 Jul 2013, 20:20

Hi Bruce
I appreciate your quick response, Thank you.

I do understand the logic of what you suggest. Now I need to spend some time with the books working out the elements of a Conditional Filter (e.g. what is the equivalent of "visible =1 or 0"

I will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Bob

Bob Saunders
User
User

Post by Bob Saunders » 02 Jul 2013, 07:38

Hi Bruce
I have spend some time working my problem, but without success.
First I upgraded my copy of Report Designer - the contents of the filter window now transfers to the list of properties.

I then tried to suppress the "Discount" part of your solution. No luck

In the case of paying a single invoice after taking a Discount the Remittance advice shows two lines - a Credit for the full invoice amount with Detail taken from the invoice and a debit for the Discount.
When I used the filter Remittance.Details = Discount to suppress printing I find that the Detail of both lines are suppressed.

Likewise, when I do part two of your suggestion I find that both lines are overprinted with my word "Deduction".

Its as if there is some other field that handles the formatting of this two line Remittance Advice
Ideas most welcome
Thanks
Bob

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 Jul 2013, 10:04

You must be doing something that you are not describing, or that I am not understanding.

Lets break this down and do one bit at a time.

select the field Remittance.Details in the report designer
in its properties click on
Conditional formatting on the ... button to the right
In the filter box enter REMITTANCE.DETAILS = "Discount"
on the properties box select "suppress print" and set it to True

Save and run it.

You should find that whenever the text in the details box is "Discount" nothing gets printed.

You might be able to work it out from here or you might have problems getting this far so let me know what happens
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Bob Saunders
User
User

Post by Bob Saunders » 02 Jul 2013, 12:08

Hi Bruce
I have found the cause of my problems.
In the Tools/Options menu there was a tick telling it to use the Advanced Conditional Formatting.
This meant that I never saw the window with the Filter and Properties tags.
So my REMITTANCE.DETAIL = "Discount" never worked.
It now works OK.
My Remittances can now give the HMRC verification code and CIS Deduction without using the Sage CIS package.
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Best regards
Bob