Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Order Acknowledgement

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Cben
User
User

Order Acknowledgement

Post by Cben » 12 Apr 2006, 10:38

I am trying to set up SAGE line50 FC to handle our accounts as a chemical supplier.

As we manufacture to order it would be very useful to return by email an Order Acknowledgement to confirm details.

Do I need to adapt a Delivery Form or is there a more elegant way?

Thanks
Hoping I can get SAGE to help not ...............

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 13 Apr 2006, 11:45

I suggest you use one of the main Sales Order layouts.

Perhaps just alter it to have your logo on

Add the words "Order Confirmation" instead of the ORDER_OR_QUOTE field which says "Sales Order" (Perhaps make a more general purpose multi function layout by using conditional filters to show either the Field or the Text depending on the value, so you could use it for Pro-formas and Quotes as well)

Add some lines / boxes and a few labels.

Pretty up the text a bit

Set the email settings

and you are done.

here is an example of the sort of thing you could create as a pdf attachment to an email

You can do lots of documents like this, if you put the tracking numbers with carriers into your SOP or INVOICE, then when you ship you can embed hyperlinks to the tracking systems so customer can click in the emails and see where the goods are, great for them, they get instant answers and for you less chasing calls.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Cben
User
User

Order Acknowledgement

Post by Cben » 17 Apr 2006, 15:27

Many thanks for this - looks like a good solution.
Hoping I can get SAGE to help not ...............