Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage 50 2009 Reports & Printers

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
simonjeavons
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage 50 2009 Reports & Printers

Post by simonjeavons » 20 Apr 2010, 12:02

Hi guys,

First post on here, I have had a brief search through the forum but I couldn't find anything similar.

I've recently joined a company as Systems Manager and am currently overhauling Sage - it's been misused for years so you can imagine the mess it's in!

One thing that causes headaches is reports - the way it has been set up previously is as follows:

A Sales Order report has been created for each user and the users printer because they couldn't seem to get one generic report to print to 3 or 4 different printers.

Let me try and explain more clearly....

User A wants to print a Sales Order, and has a HP 5400 attached to her PC....

User A is unable to print the report to the HP5400 unless Report Designer > Page Setup > Printer has been set to HP 5400....

When User B tries to print the same Sales Order report on their machine, they are unable to as they have a HP J6400 and an box pops up with the following error:

"Report Designer was unable to generate the report:
Settings to access printer 'HP J6400' are not valid."

Anyone got any ideas how you can set the report to look for the local machines default printer ???

As a background, we are running Windows Server 2003, with all workstations on Windows XP Pro.

All printers are shared across the network.

thanks in advance !!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage 50 2009 Reports & Printers

Post by brucedenney » 12 May 2010, 14:26

If you edit the report and remove the specific printer then it should use the default printer on whichever machine it is on.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tdwuk
User
User

Post by tdwuk » 21 Jul 2010, 13:57

Hi,
Can you please advise where I need to change the printer so it uses default. I upgraded to Win 7 and it is frustrating that Sage (2009) wants to use an old not present printer.

tdwuk
User
User

Post by tdwuk » 21 Jul 2010, 15:09

Hi,
I was testing a few different reports, the ones I don't use seem to bring up the printer selection box fine but the two reports I use were copies of other reports but edited to suit, they only want to print to my non existent HP printer. I have been over and over the reports designer for the reports but I cannot find an option to change the printer.

tdwuk
User
User

Post by tdwuk » 21 Jul 2010, 15:55

I managed to get it working, I simply renamed the customised report name and saved and it works now.

Marshy
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage 50 2009 Reports & Printers - SOLVED

Post by Marshy » 22 Apr 2013, 12:38

This thread is a bit old but it has helped me solve exactly the same problem. I have done some work in Report Designer so was able to work out what Bruce meant about editing the report. While solving it I took some screen shots and wrote them up on my own page if you want to see step by step help to solving this problem. Sage Printer not valid