Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Setting up BOM & stock levels

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
jimbell
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Setting up BOM & stock levels

Post by jimbell » 12 Feb 2013, 14:22

I plan to set up a BOM made up of 3 component parts
In the past when we have used BOMs we have found our stock levels go wrong
I assume because we are setting them up wrong
We book in the component parts in as normal when received
When we raise the BOM in SOP & despatch does it book the parts out automatically
Or do we need to do anything manually

Any advice gratefully appreciated !!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Setting up BOM & stock levels

Post by brucedenney » 12 Feb 2013, 16:26

The transfer feature will transfer stock from one part to another.

So if I have a picture hanging kit which is 1 hammer and 3 nails. When I transfer stock to make 1 kit the nails will be counted down by 3 the hammers by one and the kits go up by one.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jimbell
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by jimbell » 12 Feb 2013, 17:48

Thanks for the reply Bruce
We would want to put re-order levels in place
I assume we put these against the hammer & 3 nails
So when the goods are despatched, SAGE will show hammer & nails have shipped & need to be replaced
Not the picture hanging kit has been despatched
Have I understood this correctly?

Thanks
Jim

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 13 Feb 2013, 10:26

I can not be sure you have understood it completely.

The kit can not be despatched because there are none of them in stock.

You have to transfer stock (using the transfer button in products) to create a kit from the component parts.

As soon as you transfer the stock, the stock levels in the component parts goes down and you can run the reorder process and it will order any component parts that are below minimum stock levels.

The despatch of the finished kit will have no bearing on the components, the first and final transaction, as far as the components is concerned, is the transfer from components to the kit. Kits could be made/transferred in advance and sit on the shelf for months before being sold and shipped.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.