Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

How do I match a payment on account to an 'unpaid' invoice

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
Veldimi
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

How do I match a payment on account to an 'unpaid' invoice

Post by Veldimi » 17 Dec 2012, 10:17

I use SAGE Line 50, 2011 (17.0.15.208) version.

A Client has made a payment in advance, and now that the invoice has been issued, I need to 'match' them clean up the account.

Is this done through journals, a wizard, or some other way?

I actually attempted using a wizard from the customer box but it didn't seem to work.

Any advice would be appreciated. Anticipated thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: How do I match a payment on account to an 'unpaid' invoi

Post by brucedenney » 17 Dec 2012, 12:00

the way to do it is to enter a customer receipt, if you match both items, you will have a receipt of 0 amount and the items will match against each other.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.