Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Formatting issue when trying to email statements

Report design issues and solutions.
sngasiunas
User
User
Sage Version: V08 UK/Europe/Africa

Formatting issue when trying to email statements

Post by sngasiunas » 15 Jun 2012, 17:03

Hi, I am using SAGE line 50 v8.00.0019, on windows XP 64bit.

I am trying to set sage up to send email statements to customers. I have successfully been able to include all the information, and set up the email with no problem, however due to using such an old version of SAGE I can only attach the statement as htm, it is not possible for us to update, so please do not suggest this.

Using htm attachment is resulting in a formatting issue, whereby despite the page in SAGE appearing and printing as A4, when I email it as htm the space at the bottom that makes it A4 is removed, and if the transactions result in more than one page then the top of the second page appears on the bottom of the first when it is printed from htm.
This would be inappropriate for me to send to customers. Is it possible to force a section at the bottom of the page, that will appear even if there are multiple transactions that result in a second page?

At the end of the statement there is the account_reference footer that shows the balance of the account, and I would be happy to have this appear at the bottom of every page but I cannot work out how to force this either, even though the account_ref header, which contains our company address, does appear on every page.

I hope someone can help, please let me know if you need more information, I have included a screen shot of the report design and of the htm it results in.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Formatting issue when trying to email statements

Post by brucedenney » 15 Jun 2012, 18:34

"Hyper text markup language" html has no concept of the "size" of a document.

Html was designed to allow for displaying text/images in a wide variety of sizes/shapes of monitors and printers.

This is how things should be.

You could make your page very long so everything is on one page.

If you can't afford to upgrade, you could always buy Instant Accounts, which has a lot of the functionality of Sage 50, your V8 data can be converted to it and it costs only £115.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sngasiunas
User
User
Sage Version: V08 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Formatting issue when trying to email statements

Post by sngasiunas » 19 Jun 2012, 11:49

Thank you for your advice, that appears to have done the trick. I will look into Instant accounts as well, perhaps that is something we could afford to change to.