Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Report designer

Report design issues and solutions.
ahodge03067
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

Report designer

Post by ahodge03067 » 25 Nov 2011, 15:39

HI there,

I am trying to design a report and I am having a problem with the headers. I have a report header and footer however the report footer is on every single page of the report when previewed but only printed on the last page. How do I stop this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report designer

Post by brucedenney » 27 Nov 2011, 12:11

Could you upload the report and an attachment?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ahodge03067
User
User

Post by ahodge03067 » 27 Nov 2011, 22:56

I've uploaded the report :)
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Nov 2011, 09:20

I have run the report to preview and, contrary to your description, the report header only appears on the first page, the report footer only appears on the last page, the page header appears on every page and the page footer appears on every page.

The system I used was running version 1.3.2011.25 of the report designer. What version are you running?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ahodge03067
User
User

Post by ahodge03067 » 28 Nov 2011, 09:58

The version I'm using it v.1.0.0.5

The problem I am having is the report footer is being printed on the last page however it is leaving a space on every other page where it should be. I have attached a print screen of how it is being displayed.

Does it look like this on your version?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Nov 2011, 11:19

This is how it looks to me...
yyudfj34.JPG
Perhaps you should upgrade your report designer to the latest version and see if that improves things.

However, it does trigger a thought that perhaps the designer thinks you are using Letter sized paper for the body and A4 for the footer.
I am wondering what the paper size is set to in the report and in the printer driver. Are you printing an A4 report to a printer that thinks it is loaded with Letter sized paper for example, could this be causing the report designer to use different sizes in different places?

ahodge03067
User
User

Post by ahodge03067 » 06 Dec 2011, 10:25

Thanks for your help with this. It turned out to be my version of Sage, tried it on another machine with an update version and it displayed fine.

Just one question do you know to display commas with costs e.g £40,000,000 as mine just displays £40000000.

Many thanks,

Alex

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Dec 2011, 12:25

It is set by the "formatting" property of the field on the report.
reportthousands.JPG