Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Login problem

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
ITSageUser

Login problem

Post by ITSageUser » 14 Nov 2006, 10:38

I am using Sage Line 50 v12 and today when I logged in the system did not log me in. I entered the name and password correctly, but when I entered them, the screens just closed down.

This problem is only started from today.

I have reboot the pc and started it again and still have the same problem, all other users have the same problem on the network.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 15 Nov 2006, 14:27

Can you log on as Manager?

Has someone deleted files in the sage data directory?

I think you may need to dbuild a new data set and restore your last good backup.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ITSageUser

Post by ITSageUser » 15 Nov 2006, 14:41

I can log on as Manager

But if log on as Manager and click on access rights ,the system shuts down

As far as I know, no files in the sage directory have been deleted

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 15 Nov 2006, 15:24

Sounds like the access rights file has got corrupted.

Very wierd...

I would backup the system, restore your last good backup, make a copy of the access.dta file, restore the "bad" backup and replace the access.dta file.

I have never tried this so make sure you have a backup first.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ITSageUser

Post by ITSageUser » 15 Nov 2006, 16:19

thanks I will give that ago