Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Customer Statements

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
clairjones123

Customer Statements

Post by clairjones123 » 15 Sep 2009, 08:29

On producing customer statements, I have selected all customer records before processing.

When the statements are produced, the total column adds up all invoices from all previous customer statements.

To explain:

A001 has two invoices of £100 each, giving a cumulative total of £200, this is correct.

However, A002 has an invoice of £50, this should give a total for A002 of £50, it is actually showing £250 (the £200 from A001)

I can only assume that the field name is incorrect, but cannot find a setting to change, the field name is AUDIT_SPLIT.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE

The total at the bottom of the page is correct for each customer.

Many Thanks for any help!

Clair

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Customer Statements

Post by brucedenney » 16 Sep 2009, 15:44

What version of Sage 50?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

clairjones123

Post by clairjones123 » 22 Sep 2009, 10:53

Hi Bruce,

I'm using Sage 50 accounts plus 15.01.18.0190

Thanks for your reply

Clair

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 23 Sep 2009, 13:33

If you find the total on the layout and look at the properties for it find >Behaviour and look for > Reset Section
the reset section determines when the "summing" is reset to 0 and started again. Seems it is set incorrectly.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

clairjones123

Post by clairjones123 » 24 Sep 2009, 15:21

Bruce, once again, you are a star

Many Thanks

Clair

pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by pauljj » 15 May 2018, 15:14

Hi Bruce, i had the same issue initially, in the Header Number Footer section, my AUDIT_SPLIT.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE is reset to HEADER_NUMBER footer, as is the same for the debit and credit fields.

However, when running multiple statements, while the total on each statement for each customer is correct, the running totals against each split are an exact sum of the debit/credit fields for each line, and i thought this "balance" would increment for each line on the statement.
so
item1 - £50 debit - balance £50
item2 - £75 debit - balance £125

total amount due - £125

I know i had that working yesterday, but ran into the same issue as clairjones123 (again this part is fixed)

i have uploaded the layout i'm working on.
As always your advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
CUS_STATEMENT-PRACTICE.layout
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 16 May 2018, 14:33

The AUDIT_SPLIT.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE is a sum of all the splits that have preceded this section printing, it is reset to zero each time you start a new header.

I think you just want to have a rolling balance for the customer so instead of resetting to 0 each time you get a new header, you want to reset each time you get a new customer.

On the properties of that field look for the "Reset Section" change it from HEADER_NUMBER footer to ACCOUNT_REF footer it should then reset each time you get a new customer rather than each time you get a new header.

You also need to set the "Is Cumulative" to Yes rather than Automatic

pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by pauljj » 18 May 2018, 07:46

Morning Bruce,

That's perfect thank you!!!

I had tried that account ref reset as that was making sense with what you've been educating me with over all my posts :)
It was the Is cumulative function i was missing. I know i had been looking at it, reading it and then totally ignoring it, the answer was right in front of my face.

Thank you so much again, i have a happy accounts dept :)