Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sort order of invoices on statement

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Gavin Storie
User
User

Sort order of invoices on statement

Post by Gavin Storie » 10 Apr 2009, 18:44

Is there a way to sort the order that the invoices are listed in a statement?

When I print a statement the invoices don't seem to be in any particular order. I would like them to be listed according to the date of the invoice.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 15 Apr 2009, 10:22

You can set the sort order in the report layout.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Gavin Storie
User
User

Re: Sort order of invoices on statement

Post by Gavin Storie » 01 May 2009, 19:22

I tried applying a sort to the date field but it didnt make any difference.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 May 2009, 14:33

What version of Sage 50 are you using?

In general of these types of reports the default is to sort by the account, then the date flag (to hide earlier transactions), and then the audit trail number. If you added a date sort onto the end then, it would be sorting by date where the audit trail number was the same, which is never going to happen.

You need to add the date field as a group, then add the header number as a group (so there are two of them)
hide the date group because we are not needing it, it is only there to sort
move the layout from the original header group into the new one,
remove the header group

The sort should then be account>date flag>date>transaction number and everything should be fine.

If you want to upload your report layout as an attachment I am happy to look at it for you.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

bandonsage
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by bandonsage » 10 Jan 2011, 16:49

Thank God I found this site. I've been trying to sort my statements in date Order and had tried adding that Audit Header Date section but didn't realise that I needed to create a second Header Number Section and delete the older one. This worked perfectly for me . Thanks !

mrsfuff
User
User
Sage Version: v2009 15 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by mrsfuff » 13 Jun 2011, 14:26

HELLPPPPP

you ahve all solved my problem but i am at a complete loss as to what exactly youa re talking about ie audit headers date range groups!!

arrrgghghhh help me i 'm a sage designer newbie

bandonsage
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by bandonsage » 22 Jun 2011, 19:35

Credit to brucedenney . I followed the instructions posted and got it sorted . If you're a newbie to Sage reporting then you may not find it easy. This is what I did .
To Create a Sage Statement in Date order:

Select the statement that you want to edit and open the report designer.

Add Section Audit Header Date
Add Section Audit Header Header Number
You will now have duplicated - Audit Header Header Number

Copy the Existing fields from the original Audit Header Header Number Footer and copy to the new Audit Header –Header Number Footer Section.

Now delete the old Audit Header Number Section.

Make the Audit Header Date Section and any other sections not required.– Not visible .

Click on the Amounts fields in the Audit Header Footer.
On the properties Tab , reset section to Audit Header Header Number Footer.

Click on the Audit Header Header Number Footer Section (The Heading) and Make sure that the following Filter applies. AUDIT_SPLIT.DATE_FLAG <> 1

If you're still in trouble , there are plenty of companies who can help you. email or request the template that you want sorted and it can be returned in the correct format .