Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage Line 50 v12 and MS Windows 2003 Std 64b

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Sally Longley

Sage Line 50 v12 and MS Windows 2003 Std 64b

Post by Sally Longley » 02 Aug 2006, 20:04

Does anyone run the above over 64 as opposed to 32, both at server end and on desk top?
Any known issues, as Sage do not seem to know or even develop 64 software in the near future?
As updating server and tower pc s, would like an answer from experience!
Thanks
Sally
sjl@igd.uk.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 03 Aug 2006, 11:26

Hi Sally

I don't have an answer, however, I would say that there is probably more pain in being at the bleeding edge and running Windows 64bit than there is gain to be had from running it.

Even if Sage will work, there will be issues with other software. Unless you have a really good reason to run 64bit now, I would hang on until the 64 bit product has matured.

Linux servers running samba seem to outperform Windows. Linux 64 bit development is well ahead of Windows even so, we still run 32 bit Linux servers because there is no real performance gain to be had, the processors are idle most of the time. In terms of performance Gigabit networking and fast hard disk arrays are what you need to runs Sage faster.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.