Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

oh dear

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
jenny

oh dear

Post by jenny » 12 Jul 2006, 12:57

Hello

My company has recently lost our in house accountant and we have been left in a situation where we are for the moment trying to do our accounts for our selves even though none of us are very sure what we are doing. We hired a lady for a day to show us how to send out invoices and the basics until the position is refilled but we have made mistakes and I have a few questions if any one can help me.

My biggest concern is that we have made some mistakes with invoices, some of which have been sent to clients some of which haven't.

The ones that haven't people have used the corrections tool in the maintenance menu to delete them.

I am assuming from what I have read on your helpful forum (thankyouverymuch!) I need to issue credit notes for the ones which have been sent out to clients? I have bought a book on sage to help me but I assume it’s just like a reverse invoice?

Is that the right way of doing things?

Is it even possible to correct the original invoice?

Do you know of any good guides to keeping accounts I could browse?

Thanks!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 12 Jul 2006, 22:32

You can alter invoices until you UPDATE them to the ledger, so it is generally a good idea to hold off updating until you are sure everything is right.

Credit notes are the same as invoices, on in reverse, to do one just create an invoice as usual and in the drop down box select Credit note instead of Invoice.

We offer fee based support if you get really stuck.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/support.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jenny

Post by jenny » 13 Jul 2006, 11:50

I will probably take you up on it when I break everything :oops:

Is there a way to create invoices that are the same every month? We have server contracts where they pay the same amount every month and it would save loads of time to have them repeat not have to be made by hand

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 14 Jul 2006, 07:44

Yes (AC+ and FC + Dependant on Version)

Look for "Recurring Transactions" in the help file this explains how to create and run repeat invoicing.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.