Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

HELP! Installed Line 50 and need to change to irish VAT rate

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Sage Virgin

HELP! Installed Line 50 and need to change to irish VAT rate

Post by Sage Virgin » 10 Jul 2006, 20:30

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday
I am located in Ireland and I have installed Line 50 - -HOWEVER--showing amounts in GBP and VAT rates are english checked global settings all ok there what am I doing wrong. Would appreciate any and all help. Know this is an english site but there dosen't seem to be an irish one! Thanks a million.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 11 Jul 2006, 13:59

I am English I have never seen an Irish installation.

But

I suspect that your PC's regional setting are English (United Kingdom) changing them to English (Ireland) should give you the Irish VAT return, Irish rules etc.

I suspect you will want to uninstall -delete the sage folder- reinstall in order to get the initial start up wizard and configure everything properly.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

frankd643

Irish Vat Rate

Post by frankd643 » 12 Jul 2006, 08:11

Open Sage and from your settings menu choose "Configuration"
Select the "Tax Codes" Tab
Select the T1 Code and choose "Edit"
Change the rate to your national rate
Select "Apply" (not Save)
Close the Config Editor

Hope this helps

Sage Virgin

The dreaded VAT Rates

Post by Sage Virgin » 12 Jul 2006, 19:47

:oops:
Thanks for getting back to me guys. Had to ring for tech. support, felt like such a lemon.

Is anybody aware of practice data available such as fake customers, Suppliers, Price Lists ect. Know there is a demo company on Line 50 but need all the help I can get!!!

Cheers again for prompt reply
:D

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 12 Jul 2006, 22:29

The demo data is Practice data, in a separate practice company, what more do you want?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Sage Virgin

Post by Sage Virgin » 12 Jul 2006, 23:39

Hi Again
Picture if you will a sucker who has got roped in to learn Line 50 and then must teach other people to use it - I kid you not - I got to learn then do up exercises ect (we will be using the software for educational purposes only, not professional kinda a community edu. thing) Basically what I'm after is something thats going to save me time and something that can be used again & again this is only beginners stuff but it's still got to work - PHEW!!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 13 Jul 2006, 07:22

Hi,

Irish issue
What did Tech support say as an answer, is there a better way?

Teaching Data
The demo data is ideal for this, as anyone using the program out of the class room will be able to access it afterwards and have something familiar to work/play/test with.

To turn it into a "real" company (which you can backup, restore and access directly), you just need to copy the contents of the accdata folder in the demodata folder into the accdata folder which is at the same level as the demodata folder

copy c:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts\Demodata\Accdata\*.* c:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts\Accdata\

If you copy the Accdata folder to Accdata.orig then each time you have a class you can reset the data by copying Accdata.orig over the Accdata folder

Sage Virgin

Post by Sage Virgin » 13 Jul 2006, 19:09

Hi Bruce new best friend

:shock: OH MY GOD!!! That’s brilliant!! :D Going to save me a huge amount of time and they’ll love it. One small prob. The dreaded VAT rates. If I use maintenance and Rebuild can I save customers, Suppliers and products, then alter VAT rates. And if poss oh wise one can I change the year also to current and to currency Euro.

As for Tech support had some long-winded way it was easier to uninstall and reinstall

Thanks a million your a legend

Yours in awe

Sage Virgin