Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Price list help

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
nibbsey

Price list help

Post by nibbsey » 27 Sep 2007, 08:23

Is it possible to apply a price list to a product category. I have different pricing structures for different suppliers with upto 1000 products in each cattegory and need a way to affilliate price lists to categories without doing it one by one. If you know what i mean????

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 Oct 2007, 16:17

Not sure what you are trying to do. Price lists are generally used to determin the price you sell something from, you say suppliers, suggest you are looking for purchase pricing.

Please clarify.

What version are you on?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

nibbsey

Post by nibbsey » 04 Oct 2007, 08:15

Version 7

The situation i'm in is as follows.

I have several different suppliers all with their own price lists all os whom give me different terms and in turn i sell them out to different customers at different terms. I have narrowed it down to 7 different discount catergories (so 7 different price lists in essence) which is no problem. each supplier could be for example, supplier 1 = cost +30%, supplier 2 = RRP-55% and so on which i can do. However each supplier has approx 1000 items and i don't wish to go through the price list set up one by one 7 times . Is there a way that i can apply discounts to CATEGORIES rather than products one at a time..

Sorry about this, its as difficult for me to explain as it is to implement.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 05 Oct 2007, 09:20

Sage does not have functionality to do that.

We could provide a third party solution that would do it, but the cost would be around £330
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

nibbsey

Post by nibbsey » 05 Oct 2007, 10:09

What added functionality could i expect from this add on then as i am quite interested..

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 05 Oct 2007, 11:28

Well it would be customised to you, so it would be a dependant on what you want.

From what you have said, you need one custom price list , the price of each product would be set depending on the catagory of the product.

Eg

Catagory 1 - List price less 5%
Catagory 2 - Cost Price + £10

and so on.

We could do other thing such as give you a spreadsheet linked to sage which shows all your products (and their categories, cost price, selling price etc) And then you could calculate a fixed cost price for each item using a formula in excel based on catagory, cost price, selling price etc...

If your suppliers provide their lists of 1000's of products in a suitable format, we could also write an interpreter that would extract all the standard prices and products and put them in or update them in Sage for you.

The raw importing product costs £225, scripts to process things start from £80 for simple things like importing products and price lists

(we have done much more complex scripts to do very complex things like back to back ordering and interfacing with external warehouses.)