Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Import VAT

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
agrimek

Import VAT

Post by agrimek » 22 Sep 2007, 10:59

Hi there,

I Have a problem. We import parts from the USA and get an invoice from the supplier not showing any vat (so I use t0)

We then get an invoice from our international forwarder showing airfreight(t0), import duty(t0) and import vat(t?). The vat element covers their charges, airfreight and the supplier invoice as they have to pay customs on our behalf.

How do I show the import vat and get it to come up on our vat return?

I have tried to create a new tax code with a 100% rating and then crediting the original amount of vat back from the supplier with a T0 code but this looks a little messy in the supplier activity tab

Is there any better way of doing this?

Many Thanks

Gareth

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 Oct 2007, 12:17

The items are outside the EEC so they should be T9 outside the scope of VAT.

The VAT item is T1 0 value, and the vat amount get overwritten with the actual.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.