Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoice dynamic template if paid versus outstanding

Report design issues and solutions.
gazmoz17
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Invoice dynamic template if paid versus outstanding

Post by gazmoz17 » 19 Mar 2024, 13:08

Hi Bruce,

I was wondering if this is possible...or if there is a default invoice layout for this?

User case:

We post the daily sales invoices and then email them all at the end of play (4.15pm) each day.

We semi often get a customer reply upon reciept of their daily email that this has already been paid. Were aware its paid we just send them habitually at the end of the day whether paid, account customer or proforma. Just to reduce customer invoice copy requests.

1. Can a template show if Invoice has already been paid. Then I can create a marker on invoice or maybe watermark saying "Paid".
;guessing I'd need a join to AUDIT_SPLIT or AUDIT_HEADER data table?
Paid watermark.PNG
2. Can invoices be emailed automatically on a schedule or with a 3rd party app?

Many Thanks
Gareth
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice dynamic template if paid versus outstanding

Post by brucedenney » 19 Mar 2024, 15:22

If you are using the payment tab on the invoice to record receipt then yes, as all the data you need is the AMOUNT_PAID and you have that.

Otherwise it is linking to the SI header, where you can access the OUTSTANDING amount

You need to think about edge cases like part payment and how to deal with them.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

gazmoz17
User
User

Post by gazmoz17 » 21 Mar 2024, 10:43

Hi, thanks for this Bruce.

No I havent really noticed the payment tab on invoices 🤦‍♂️ but we dont use it and I dont think we will.

So I think it will be the SI header per your recommendation.

Sort of linked to this, we have never setup bank feeds. Can see how this is huge time saver for allocating customer BACS receipts (paying for invs). But if customers pay via card over the phone or via Virtual terminal over the phone....they dont hit the bank for a couple of days so is this a limitation of bank feeds for card payments? As our process is to run a control for all daily invoices (highlight mistakes) then post them all, then manually allocate all card receipts from virtual terminal/card terminal reports for the day.
    Is their a 3rd party app, or some way to send all daily invoices emailed to customers?

Like that term "edge cases" 👍

Many Thanks
    Gareth

brucedenney
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Mar 2024, 12:04

Merchant Services accounts are typically set up as separate bank accounts, so you instantly receive the money to the merchant services account then everyday a single transaction happens between the merchant services account and the main bank account transferring the value of a bunch of transaction for previous days.

As such you set up Bank feeds on both.

One for money coming into merchant service and one for money coming into the actual bank acocunt.

I have a tool that can send emails and another tool that can track which emails have been sent, combined they can do the job.
    For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

gazmoz17
    User
    User

Post by gazmoz17 » 21 Mar 2024, 14:48

Thanks Bruce. So is the bank feed on merchant account a standard sage bank feed feature?

Can you email me details/prices for the the tool for sending emails please:

Thanks

brucedenney
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Mar 2024, 15:34

Bank feeds are available for all sorts of bank accounts, personal credit cards... they are a generic solution to all sage products, not just Sage 50

You will, however, need to check if your bank is supported.