Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Picking note totalling overall weight

Report design issues and solutions.
gazmoz17
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Picking note totalling overall weight

Post by gazmoz17 » 27 Jun 2023, 14:40

Hi Bruce,

This is a picking note template Ive started (well you helped me with section 5. ages ago) & I wish to sum the total weight at the bottom so we can quickly input onto our transport portal (currently manually calc weight from all the indiv item lines).

This overall layout is prob only 30% of the way there from what I want overall. I've included "WEIGHT" in 4.ITEM_NUMBER Header just to make sure its calcing the weight correctly for each indiv line. It is....but I cant get it to sum the overall total weight? Its giving me a really inflated weight fgure. Im stumped as to why 2 days later 🤣. I can return this figure correctly on a sales order version of this template (which doesnt contain section 5).

*This layout returns total weight correctly until I include a prod that has a BOM. After included a bom prod I get a crazy inflated fig.

Idea was return total weight for all normal prods then after that deal with section 5. and totalling all stock component items...then eventually combine for overall total.

Picking note sales order Gaz.PNG
Picking note sales order Gaz.layout
Many Thanks
Gareth
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Picking note totalling overall weight

Post by brucedenney » 27 Jun 2023, 14:48

The issue is that the stock data is repeated for every detail item (in this case the BOM) so the weight is repeated for each item on the BOM as well.

You need to filter out the unwanted weights, one way would be to create a "Weight" Expression in the footer of the stock item, then add up the Weight expression to get your total.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

gazmoz17
User
User

Post by gazmoz17 » 28 Jun 2023, 07:28

Hi,

Thanks for this Bruce. Sorry didnt have time to get back to you yesterday....I jumped straight to trying to get it to work...unsuuccessfully 🤣 prob done it wrong per what youve advised.
I'll screen grab later at work what Ive done.

Thanks

gazmoz17
User
User

Post by gazmoz17 » 28 Jun 2023, 08:01

"You need to filter out the unwanted weights, one way would be to create a "Weight" Expression in the footer of the stock item, then add up the Weight expression to get your total."

Is this section the "footer of the stock item"?
Footer of stock item..PNG
Thanks

gazmoz17
User
User

Post by gazmoz17 » 28 Jun 2023, 10:31

Everything is working how I require but i just can't sum these weights.

When item contains a "KIT" I wish it to sum the indivi componemts of the kit rather than pull through that Kits SKU weight.

The yellow highlighted are none kits just SKU's which contain a BOM and their showing indiv weight correctly.

So basically just needs to sum the weight of all the item lines as my current template is showing.
Item lines working.PNG
26.layout
Dont pull through KIT SKU weight.PNG

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 Jun 2023, 09:47

Perhaps you could make an expression that sets the value to zero for BOM components (or the BOM, depending on which has the correct weight)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

evansandreid
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by evansandreid » 12 Mar 2024, 06:53

gazmoz17 wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 10:31 Everything is working how I require but i just can't sum these weights.

When item contains a "KIT" I wish it to sum the indivi componemts of the kit rather than pull through that Kits SKU weight.

The yellow highlighted are none kits just SKU's which contain a BOM and their showing indiv weight correctly.

So basically just needs to sum the weight of all the item lines as my current template is showing.

Item lines working.PNG

26.layout

Dont pull through KIT SKU weight.PNG
Did you manage to work this? I am looking at using a similar report with BOM

gazmoz17
User
User

Post by gazmoz17 » 19 Mar 2024, 11:35

Hi,

Yeah, due to complexity Bruce was able to do it for me as a custom report. Maybe worthwhile contacting him directly.

Take care.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 19 Mar 2024, 12:26

It is complex, but you can break it down into smaller steps and do it yourself.

You need 3 bits

The Weight according to the StockCode (only relevant where there is no BOM)
The sum of of all the weights of all the BOM items (only relevant when there is a BOM)

The BOM items will be the "details" section and the "Stock Code" needs to be in a Footer Section)

So in the StockCode footer section you add an expression, this looks at the "Has BOM" field and sets its value to either the StockCode Weight or the Sum of the BOM Components weight.

Now in the Order Footer you can now add up that last field to get the total for the Order.

This is simplified, in practice it is not just the weight but the weight multiplied by the Qty Shipped for the Stock Code and Weight * Qty on Bom * Qty Shipped for the BOM Items.

Build it up slowly checking as you go that you are getting what you expect and you should be able to do it.

gazmoz17
User
User

Post by gazmoz17 » 19 Mar 2024, 13:45

I was very close 😂...getting alright at variables, functions and the expression syntax in between (IF statements etc) but i still hate/dont get sections and their interdependence 🤦‍♂️