Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

If Blank Then

Report design issues and solutions.
tantalus227
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

If Blank Then

Post by tantalus227 » 15 Mar 2024, 13:43

Hi Folks,

I've been searching the internet for hours to try and sort this with no luck!

In the details field on customer statements, I want it to show the customer's order number. I've managed to get it doing that but not all of our customers give us an order number and I don't really just want to leave the details blank on the statement.

So, I've been attempting to write an expression with essentially says "If AUDIT_SPLIT.DETAILS is blank then SPLIT.STMT_TEXT"

This is what I came up with:

Code: Select all

AUDIT_SPLIT.DETAILS = "" ? SPLIT.STMT_TEXT
But I cannot get it to work. I've even tried the "IF" function and whatnot but Sage Report Designer doesn't like it.

It's muddling my head now so can anyone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Cheers,

Tant

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: If Blank Then

Post by brucedenney » 18 Mar 2024, 10:38

I think you need to add the else option and tell it what to use if the condition is false.

Code: Select all

Condition?TrueValue:FalseValue
I am not sure what SPLIT.STMT_TEXT is supposed to be as there is no table called SPLIT

What is SPLIT.STMT_TEXT ?

Perhaps you could attach the layout/report to your post?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tantalus227
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: If Blank Then

Post by tantalus227 » 08 Apr 2024, 14:20

Hello,

SPLIT.STMT_TEXT is what was in the report so it said "Goods/Services" before which is why I was using it.

I'm not at work at the moment but I'll attach it as soon as I can

Thank you :)