Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Using ODBC sage 50 project activity report

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
cpetty
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Using ODBC sage 50 project activity report

Post by cpetty » 22 Feb 2024, 15:49

Hi, I'm not very good in Sage Report Designer, so not sure which columns to look for.

I want to use the ODBC link to run the project activity report in excel so I can manipulate it quicker (the report is so big it takes forever to run in Sage and export to excel)

Can you please help me chose my query columns to create this report? and so I can filter by date in the new pivot table

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Using ODBC sage 50 project activity report

Post by brucedenney » 13 Mar 2024, 11:08

I am not sure, you select the field you want, I don't know what field you want.

If you are trying to find the names of fields, then there is a tool here to help you do that.

https://my.sage.co.uk/public/ask/images ... 8.html?v=2
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Onion RS
User
User

Post by Onion RS » 14 Mar 2024, 22:11

Hi,

Having done this for a pivottable report recently, I think the columns you'll need are:

PROJECT.CUSTOMER_REF, SALES_LEDGER.NAME, PROJECT.REFERENCE, PROJECT.NAME, PROJECT_TRAN.PROJECT_TRAN_ID, PROJECT_TRAN.AUDIT_TRAIL_ID, STOCK_TRAN.TYPE, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.TYPE, AUDIT_SPLIT.TYPE, PROJECT_TRAN.DATE, PROJECT_RESOURCE.NAME, STOCK_TRAN.STOCK_CODE, AUDIT_SPLIT.ACCOUNT_REF, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.REFERENCE, STOCK_TRAN.REFERENCE, AUDIT_SPLIT.INV_REF, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.EXTRA_REF, AUDIT_SPLIT.EXTRA_REF, PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.NOMINAL_CODE, AUDIT_SPLIT.NOMINAL_CODE, AUDIT_SPLIT.DEPT_NUMBER, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.DEPT_NUMBER, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.DETAILS, AUDIT_SPLIT.DETAILS, STOCK_TRAN.DETAILS, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.QUANTITY, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.RATE, STOCK_TRAN.QUANTITY, STOCK_TRAN.COST_PRICE, AUDIT_SPLIT.NET_AMOUNT

10 different tables I think. You can get the joins required in report designer.

Kind regards,

Ian

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Mar 2024, 10:42

The trouble with linking in all the tables is that is get very slow, so if you can skip some you can speed it up.

The relationships can be found by editing one of the project reports
Project Joins.png
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Onion RS
User
User

Post by Onion RS » 15 Mar 2024, 14:30

Hi Bruce,

Eeek! By my count that report has 18 tables (although I'm not sure what to make of the top right table which doesn't appear to have any fields).

Do you mind me asking what report that screenshot is from?

Kind regards,

Ian

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Mar 2024, 10:40

Screenshot 2024-03-18 104009.jpg
Project Activity PJACT.report
Login to access the files attached to this post.

Onion RS
User
User

Post by Onion RS » 18 Mar 2024, 13:26

Hi Bruce,

That's really helpful. I'd clearly been looking at that in the development of my pivottable but had forgotten about the extra tables seen there. I put it down to advancing years. I must have twigged that a number of tables don't actually feature in the output of the PJACT.report and omitted them as per your suggestion "so if you can skip some you can speed it up". Cutting the number down to 10.

Kind regards,

Ian