Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

How to do P&L since the update?

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
SunsandMoons
User
User
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

How to do P&L since the update?

Post by SunsandMoons » 27 Feb 2024, 14:34

Hi,

Feeling a little ridiculous, but here we go!

Since the update everyone in my office has been having trouble doing their usual Sage tasks as the layout/what-have-you have changed slightly.

I need to do a Profit & Loss for the month but each time I try I get the message saying: "The report could not be generated. No data was returned for this Report." I have tried highlighting all data across Sage, deselecting all data, reloading Sage, and trying for historic months. Comparing P&Ls brings up an empty report.

I can load a Trial Balance fine, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but not sure what!

Sage: 30.0.171.0
System: Windows 10, 64-bit

Thanks in advance.

SunsandMoons
User
User
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: How to do P&L since the update?

Post by SunsandMoons » 28 Feb 2024, 10:06

Hi, so we fixed it!

In case any one else also has this problem:

When going to generate the P&L in the Criteria for Profit and Loss window, the Chart of Accounts selection dropdown box was set to Default Layout of Accounts for me - for the other people in my office who use Sage, they had other options in the dropdown already, but I didn't, and previously I didn't need to. This was what was causing the report not to generate.

To get another option for the dropdown, click "Chart of Accounts" in the Nominal Codes section (next to Trial Balance) and click Add, name your report (e.g. Profit & Loss) and then put in the names and nominal codes of what you need in your report. Save, go back into your P&L generation, and you have a working report! :D