Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Struggling to find Field Data / PDF formatting issue

Report design issues and solutions.
Sofaqin
User
User
Sage Version: US Sage 50 Version (Peachtree)

Struggling to find Field Data / PDF formatting issue

Post by Sofaqin » 18 Oct 2023, 11:09

Hi all,

I am new to Sage report designer but have been tasked with creating a report to display employee information such as salary, pay frequency, cost centre, department etc.

I have had a lot of success so far but I am struggling to find a Data Field to show yearly salary. Some staff are paid weekly and some are paid monthly, I can only seem to find the weekly/monthly wage. Ideally I would like a column to display the yearly salary (ie x 52 or x 12) without the need for formulas to be added in afterwards on Excel. Can anyone help me with this information?

I am also having a problem when printing to PDF - Each detail line is spaced out so far that it is exceeding 50 pages! Each page has 2 or 3 lines from the details section, with empty space between it. When exported to Excel there are no blank rows. I have added a screenshot of the PDF issue. If anyone could be of any help I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks
Sofaqin
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Struggling to find Field Data / PDF formatting issue

Post by brucedenney » 18 Oct 2023, 11:32

The huge gaps are probably a large section, just move everything up close and it should be good.

There is no annual salary in payroll, the amount a person is paid can vary form week to week or month to month.

You could approximate an annual salary by multiplying the period salary by 52 (or maybe 53 in a long year) or 12

This is easy to do with a formula
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Sofaqin
User
User
Sage Version: US Sage 50 Version (Peachtree)

Post by Sofaqin » 18 Oct 2023, 11:46

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I have added a screenshot of the report generator as I can't see any large sections. I have tried moving the fields around but to no avail. Can you see something I don't?

The formula suggestion is perfect, I didn't realise you can do that with the report generator. It's a shame they don't supply the manual anymore. Could you start me off in the right direction to add formulas?
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 19 Oct 2023, 09:42

See your detail section

It has a huge white area between it and the report footer.

Drag the bottom of the details section (top of the footer section) up so it is tight to the fields and this will resolve the gap.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.