Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Help with Sage 50 Install

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Help with Sage 50 Install

Post by brucedenney » 14 Nov 2022, 10:40

Philiom wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 09:14 I downloaded and extracted Via 7 ZIP 3 files for V18 on one computer that has Win 11, now when I try to open Sage I can get to the logging in and enter user and passwords , once I have done that I get a message that I need to update, when I check for updates, pressed yes and I get another message saying that all files are up to date, click OK then nothing happens, screen goes to desktop then nothing, so we have advances a little bit but not fully there yet!
Did you remember to delete the watermark.xml file?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Philiom
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Philiom » 14 Nov 2022, 13:18

Did a search for the watermark file but could not find it, wold you have any idea where its located?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 Nov 2022, 14:01

It is above the accdata directory.

depends on config but something like this

c:\programdata\sage\accounts\2022\company.000
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 14 Nov 2022, 15:13

I cannot find watermark in "c:\programdata\sage\accounts\2022\company.000" on Client computer but I think it should be 2012 not 2022, I have looked in "c:\programdata\sage\accounts\2012\company.000" Nothing there but I have found a watermark in the Server Computer "\\programdata\sage\accounts\2012\company.000\ACCDATA" , Should I delete this one?

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 14 Nov 2022, 15:18

Just noticed there is a watermark in Company.000 and ACCDATA on the Server Computer , which should I delete?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 Nov 2022, 15:45

delete all watermark.xml if any are needed sage will recreate them

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 14 Nov 2022, 16:47

That seems to have done the trick!, all working on this computer now, thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated, sorry it was a bit drawn out at times. Regards, Phil

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 18 Nov 2022, 08:57

I thought I had cured the problem with the deleting watermark file, I tried this on the 2nd client computer and it works OK but when you close ( Sage and / or the computer) you get to the login and it states that an upgrade is required, when you click to upgrade it goes through the upgrade process and states its already fully up to date.
When you click OK it just goes back to a clear desktop, I then go to the offending watermark file in ACCDATA.000 on the server computer and delete it then do the login and it works.
I have done a sort of get round by creating a shortcut to the ACCDATA.000 folder on the server to the client desktop and delete the watermark, this is done in-between filling in the login details on the client and clicking OK, this is done by the person operating the computer , not ideal, I have instructed her on the procedure and not to delete anything else in the folder!! otherwise we will be in bother!
Any help would be appreciated.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Nov 2022, 11:07

Have you got a rogue installation that has not been downgraded and is updating the watermark file each time you use it?

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 28 Nov 2022, 08:34

Hi Bruce, sorry for the delay, not sure what you mean by downgraded? We only have the same v18 disc that was used on the other computers.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Nov 2022, 10:39

V18 had updates to it.

If one PC is using a different version to another then it will update the watermark file with that version and then all the others will report needing an update.

If you edit the watermark.xml file with notepad, you can read the version number from it. You need to update all installations to the same version.

updates are available here http://files.makingithappen.co.uk/updates/

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 02 Dec 2022, 09:57

Hi Bruce, thanks for the info, I had already updated servicepack 1, update 5 & 6 and report designer from that site Should I do all except Sage Pay as we don't use it?

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 02 Dec 2022, 09:58

What about obsolete Folder?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 02 Dec 2022, 10:33

From memory, the updates in the obsolete folder are incorporated into service pack 1

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 05 Dec 2022, 12:37

Thought so, will try again when I have some spare time, it is working now until they are switched off, or when Windows decides to do an update we would have to do the the long procedure on two of our desktops. Thanks for your help Bruce, great service!