Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Price List import NOT fixed price?

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
arsenalrule
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Price List import NOT fixed price?

Post by arsenalrule » 31 Aug 2022, 14:46

Hi All

Is it possible to import products and prices into a price list in any other method than a fixed price?

I have been using "decrease sales price by value" for most of the items in a price list, but cannot see a way to update this other than going in to each product individually.

What is the best/recommended way to deal with price lists?
I have our standard sales prices, and then a Trade price list. Trade prices are not just a % discount on the item, hence why I am using discount by value. We are experiencing a lot of supplier price changes recently, so sales prices (and therefore trade prices) are changing a lot. Would you recommend using fixed prices and reimporting each time we have a price update?

Thanks!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Price List import NOT fixed price?

Post by brucedenney » 01 Sep 2022, 10:18

Which method is best for you is very hard to tell.

The issue with fixed prices is that they are fixed and you if need to change them on lots of price lists then they become a real pain as you have to do them one at a time.

Using %ge is easier as the prices change with the standard price but even then that might not be enough.

Whilst Sage only offers fixed prices, there are other third party products that can import all the different price list options.

The tool we use for integrations can import multiple pricelists with multiple products using any of the price list options (it costs £185 per year).

I have made a variety of tools for importing pricelists over the years using it (generally a spreadsheet saved as csv and then imported).
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.