Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Switchover advice please

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
yahalimu
User
User
Sage Version: v12 UK/Europe/Africa

Switchover advice please

Post by yahalimu » 19 Mar 2022, 16:16

Hello, all.
We have been using QuickBooks Desktop UK for years. As they've decided to remove support for that edition I've been looking to change. All the cloud versions are far too basic and limited so we plumbed for Sage50Cloud Accounts Pro. I must say (as a coder) its obvious Sage is a FAR superior product in all respects. Hats off to the devs.
I am NOT an accountant/bookkeeper, I'm a techy mostly so I want to check my plan to phase Sage in will work as regards starting a new file on the new financial year in December, when I should have ironed out any issues and be confident using it.
I plan to initially just import all our orders as invoices and also use it to send PO's.

My question is (finally!), when our new tax year starts in December, can I then just input our current balances and continue without starting a new company file?
If not and also, Is there a way to backup the company settings and configuration along with customers, suppliers and products but without any transactions?
I only ask as most of the configuration and settings changes only become obvious and happen after various transactions are processed.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Switchover advice please

Post by brucedenney » 21 Mar 2022, 10:29

The easy way is to use the Rebuild option in File>Maintenance and untick the retain audit trail transactions box.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.