Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Expression to only include information in report

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Barlow81
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Expression to only include information in report

Post by Barlow81 » 20 Jan 2022, 15:05

Hi,

I have designed a report and want to write an expression to only include certain cost codes. I have just used....

PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="ELEC20"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="ELEC30"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="ELEC99"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="ENG20"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="ENG30"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="ENG99"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="MAN20"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="MAN30"OR
PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE="MAN99"

but when i send report to excel the ones i don't want come up as 0.00000 and ones i do come up as 0.00001.
I want the report to still should the text as above but only the ones above no others.

Please help.

Barlow81
User
User

Re: Expression to only include information in report

Post by Barlow81 » 20 Jan 2022, 15:47

I have now tried the below. Which still doesn't remove the lines without this text but does show the text now not a number.

PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE LIKE ("ENG20")

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2022, 11:31

As you want the report in Excel, I suggest that you consider doing the report in excel and extracting data via ODBC

If you want to attach the report/layout to a reply, I can have a look and see what is going on.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Barlow81
User
User

Post by Barlow81 » 21 Jan 2022, 12:07

Thank you for your reply. I think i have now solved this using the expression....

Startswith(PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE,"ELEC20")

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 21 Jan 2022, 14:38

Just remember to be careful about your project names

Startswith(PROJECT_COST_CODE.REFERENCE,"ELEC20")

Would match with lots of other values that start with ELEC20 eg ELEC200 ELEC20A ELEC2000 ....
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.