Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Move payment from one customer account to another

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
naz1000
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Move payment from one customer account to another

Post by naz1000 » 08 Dec 2021, 09:03

I sometimes enter payments that I don’t know where they came from to account UNKNOWN (ie bank
payment reference has no relation to the customers account ).

When I find out where they came from how do I move all or part of this payment to the correct account ? I currently just delete transaction
and re-enter.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Move payment from one customer account to another

Post by brucedenney » 09 Dec 2021, 11:23

If you post then to a Customer account called "UNKNOWN" then all you need to do is edit the transaction, change the customer account to the correct one. Then, unless this is a payment on account, do a zero value receipt against that customer, pickup the payment and match it off against wha tis paid.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

naz1000
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by naz1000 » 09 Dec 2021, 19:15

Thank you Bruce - would the same process apply if only part of the payment was being moved ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 10 Dec 2021, 14:02

You can not have a payment that goes to 2 different accounts, so not scenario that exists.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.