Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Adding Pop up text box reference

Report design issues and solutions.
finlay.johnston
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Adding Pop up text box reference

Post by finlay.johnston » 02 Mar 2021, 16:29

I am trying to streamline my workflow for making expense claim form for my employer.
I want to know if there is a way to add a pop up text box (similar to the criteria that pops up, or even included in the criteria window) that allows me to change the reference number of the report before it creates it (it is currently a text box not a data field). i am currently having to open report editor, change the reference number, save it, and then run my report.
Any help would be much appreciated!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Adding Pop up text box reference

Post by brucedenney » 03 Mar 2021, 08:09

Set up a criteria on something obscure eg address 1, make it not equal to the criteria so nothing gets filtered out.

You can now print the criteria as free text on the report.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

finlay.johnston
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by finlay.johnston » 06 Mar 2021, 16:56

what do you mean ' make it not equal to the criteria'? i dont see that option.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 08 Mar 2021, 12:59

You need to set it as a preset, run the report, change the criteria to not equal to, then set it back to being active rather than preset.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.