Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Daft question - how do I edit an expression?

Report design issues and solutions.
Dazzathedrummer
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Daft question - how do I edit an expression?

Post by Dazzathedrummer » 30 Jul 2020, 15:15

Hi,
I wrote a report about a year ago - it's an aged debtor report that splits the ageing into 30,60,90,120,150,180+ days rather than the usual standard ageing.

I wrote expressions to do the ageing and after not using the report for a while I've noticed that it's not calculating correctly when trying to run the report for a date that's in the past.

As it's been a while since I used Report Designer I can't find a way to edit the expressions - If I double-click an expression I get the 'Expression Editor' box but instead of showing the expression, it just displays the name of the expression.

It's driving me a bit crazy - I'm used to using SQL/Crystal but I can't figure this out.
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Daft question - how do I edit an expression?

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jul 2020, 15:27

It appears that the expression is self referencing.

What is is supposed to be?

Delete the text in the expression then on the right hand side double click on the function or field you want in the expression and it will appear in the expression box.

Assuming this is a statement, the field should be the sum of AUDIT_SPLIT.FOREIGN_AGED_CURRENT so the expression is not needed, you can just put the field in the report and set it to be the sum, in its properties.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.