Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Cashflow feeding from Sage

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
SailingSara
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Cashflow feeding from Sage

Post by SailingSara » 20 May 2020, 08:38

Hi all, I'm new here. I wonder if you can help me please :D

Does anyone know of any cashflow software that would feed from Sage. At present we use a very complex spreadsheet. We have deferred income and use forecasting. Everything is entered manually which leads to human error sometimes :?
We would like to find a product that links with Sage 50 Accounts and brings in the figures we need and is not over-complicated for us to be able to add additional forecast figures.

Is there anything out there? Or does Sage sell a Cashflow module?
Many thanks in advance

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Cashflow feeding from Sage

Post by brucedenney » 20 May 2020, 08:47

Hi

It sounds to me like the problem is that you are not reading the data into your spreadsheet directly from Sage.

The re-keying will lead to errors.

There are cash flow forecasting software, but they use generic models and it sounds like you have a pretty good model, you just have an issue getting the data into it.

You can use odbc to extract the data from sage and put it into your spreadsheet and link all your forecasts to that data.

If you prefer you could hire someone like myself to convert your existing sheet so it extracts the data from sage.

I would need to look at it first but i would expect it to be sub £100 cost to do.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

SailingSara
User
User

Post by SailingSara » 20 May 2020, 15:09

Thanks Bruce. We are going to do some more work on our cash flow spreadsheet then may come back to you for this.

jamesmcgrill
User
User

Post by jamesmcgrill » 29 May 2022, 05:45

If you're using Sage 50c Accounts Standard or Sage 50c Accounts Professional then you will have the Cash Flow button with in Bank Accounts. It is found under analysis – under the main task bar and then by selecting cash flow. You have the ability to select the cash Accounts you want to include in the cash flow projection.
Last edited by jamesmcgrill on 12 Jun 2022, 13:09, edited 2 times in total.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 30 May 2022, 10:06

The issue with the Sage system is that it pretty inflexible and is short term.

If you need a cash flow projection that reflects the changes you plan to make in your business, then using a tool like Excel is far more flexible.

The only issue is that spreadsheets tend to attract errors, so you want to build in some controls, to make sure everything is covered.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.