Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Replace customer statements saying "goods/services" to invoice types.

Report design issues and solutions.
rapht
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Replace customer statements saying "goods/services" to invoice types.

Post by rapht » 03 Oct 2019, 13:30

Hi Bruce,
Just wanted to ask for advice regarding Customer Statements as per below.
So my customer statements all say "Goods/Services" against each invoice listed. Is it possible to change the "audit_split" "STMT_Text" variable by utilising the invoice "TYPE" variable SI, SC, PA etc. and have it replace the contents of the STMT_Text variable with either “Service Invoice, Service Credit, Payment on Account etc.” based on the variable "TYPE" for each line in the statement.
I'm aware if you swap the variable to 'AUDIT_SPLIT.DETAILS' or 'AUDIT_HEADER.DETAILS', then the statement will show the details of the actual transaction but I just want the transaction type to show instead. Hope this makes sense.
My Sage is V24 (Sage 50)
Thanks
Raph

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Replace customer statements saying "goods/services" to invoice types.

Post by brucedenney » 03 Oct 2019, 13:35

You can do it several ways, you could put a bit of text for each transaction type on the line with the suppress print flag set, they use conditional formatting to enable printing of the appropriate text for each transaction type.

You could also write an expression that results in the appropriate text for each transaction type.

You can also set the predefined text for the 4 transaction types on statements in Settings>Customer Defaults>Statements
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

rapht
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Replace customer statements saying "goods/services" to invoice types.

Post by rapht » 03 Oct 2019, 18:31

Thanks Bruce for your suggestions.
Much appreciated :)