Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Delivery note edit to include product sub components bill of materials

Report design issues and solutions.
gazmoz17
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Delivery note edit to include product sub components bill of materials

Post by gazmoz17 » 16 Nov 2018, 15:52

Hi,

Have a current delivery note I want it top operate in the same way as currently does but pull through sub components.

Ive made tool kits for diff pack sizes.

Can anyone edit my current delivery note im willing to pay?

Current edit doing this myself works but it keep repeating...

SKU 7000 10M Tool kit
sub component SKU 400 hammer ;1st component for above kit/sku

SKU 7000 10M Tool kit
sub component SKU 500 drill ;2nd component for above kit/sku

How do I get it to just do below:

SKU 7000 10M Tool kit
subcomponet 1
subcomponet 2
subcomponet 3; etc *without repeating the tool kit name between subcomponents?

Many Thanks
Gareth

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Delivery note edit to include product sub components bill of materials

Post by brucedenney » 16 Nov 2018, 15:57

Create a header / footer pair based on the stock code, then put the bits relating to the stock code that you do not want repeating in either the header or footer depending on where you want them to appear relative to the expansion of the BOM.

If you have an empty header and/or footer make the visible property false so they do not show.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

gazmoz17
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by gazmoz17 » 16 Nov 2018, 16:20

Ok thanks Bruce I'm going to have a look at this tonight based on wht youve posted and the help guides etc when ive finished work.....

On normal products which arent BOM I have the following fields pulling though next to product description:

STOCK.WEB_CATEGORY_1 STOCK.WEB_DETAILS STOCK.WEB_CATEGORY_2 STOCK.WEB_CATEGORY_3 STOCK.WEB_DESCRIPTION

I want the same fields to pull through for the subcompenents?

Thanks in advance

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 16 Nov 2018, 17:45

You will need to link the stock table to the components stock code, this will give you a second stock table with a different name, use that as the reference to the Stock fields and you will pull the field for the component rather than the item.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.