Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Adding information to Debtors Reports

Report design issues and solutions.
rebeccayoung
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Adding information to Debtors Reports

Post by rebeccayoung » 23 Aug 2018, 10:59

I have no Sage/accounts training so please forgive my ignorance...

We run accounts for two sides of the business so we sometimes need to add 'our ref' and 'their ref' to invoices, I have added INVOICE.ORDER_NUMBER as their ref as we use that most often and our ref as NOTES_1.

I want to include the info from NOTES_1 in the debtors report next to the TYPE-DATE-Inv no. information under the ACCOUNT_REF Header. The Group expression for this is SALES_LEDGER.ACCOUNT_REF.

I have tried to add it in in various ways which either give me 'no report data' or I get 649 lines duplicated (we have 649 invoices) under each account with the reference I want appearing once.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

Sage version 18.1.0.20
Reports Designer version 1.3.2011.25
OS Windows 10 64bit

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Adding information to Debtors Reports

Post by brucedenney » 30 Aug 2018, 12:04

What you will need to do is to link the invoice to the Audit Trail, you link INVOICE.INVOICE_NUMBER to AUDIT_HEADER.INV_REF however, this needs to be a parent outer join so that when there is no matching Invoice eg a manually entered one / credit note / sales receipt etc the audit trail record is still returned.

Joins are not hard to do, but if you are new to Sage, I would suggest you get someone with a bit of experience to help you do this as this is not basic beginner stuff.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.