Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Adding supplier part number to purchase order print layout

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
ChrisW
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Adding supplier part number to purchase order print layout

Post by ChrisW » 29 Mar 2018, 15:32

Hello

I am trying to add the supplier part number to a current purchase order layout. I have adjusted the layout to create space and added the Supplier Part Number from the STOCK function. It has worked but in the process I can no longer see any message lines on the purchase order. I've gone back several times and it seems as soon as I add the supplier part number and preview, the message line disappears. This is very frustrating as I thought it would be a simple task! Any help is much appreciated.

ChrisW

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Adding supplier part number to purchase order print layout

Post by brucedenney » 29 Mar 2018, 15:53

You need to change the join to the stock table to be a parent outer, this will then still return the data for the message lines even though there is no corresponding stock code/ supplier ref.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ChrisW
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by ChrisW » 29 Mar 2018, 17:17

Thanks that's worked a treat!

hellsbells
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by hellsbells » 21 May 2018, 09:37

Hi everyone,

I'm using Sage 50 client Manager V19.01. Can you explain how you edited the layout initially? I need to add a part number or barcode onto invoices and purchase orders to enable us to use a scanner.

FYI I'm a novice at this software.

Thanks, Helen.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 21 May 2018, 10:13

Go into the reports section of whichever module the report is in (or print/letters/labels).
This will open a print dialogue, where you would typically choose to print/email/export
Instead of printing the layout click on the edit button.

Or right click and use the edit layout
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

hellsbells
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by hellsbells » 21 May 2018, 10:31

Thank you! A great help.

Regards,
Helen

bonita28
User
User
Sage Version: v2007 13 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by bonita28 » 19 Jun 2018, 17:23

That's what exactly I was looking for. @bruce, thumbs up.