Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Aged Creditors Extra Ref and duplication

Report design issues and solutions.
pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Aged Creditors Extra Ref and duplication

Post by pauljj » 09 May 2018, 11:20

Hi Bruce,
I've read a few of the posts about the Extra Ref not showing on reports etc, that's not exactly my isssue.
I have turned on the Sage setting to allow the splits to be shown.
The issue is the duplication from the Audit Splits and the subsequent totalling.
I've been trying to follow the Sage article
https://my.sage.co.uk/public/help/askar ... leid=30829

Which relates to "..If you then add the AUDIT_SPLIT_EXTRA_REF variable, when you run the report, each transaction appears twice, once for each extra reference."

It then suggests adding a group "Evaluate Section = AUDIT_SPLIT.HEADER_NUMBER Footer"
However, i can add the group into the report, and no matter where i put it i get varying results, but the duplication still appears.
My question is , should i be adding fields into this AUDIT_SPLIT.HEADER_NUMBER group, and if so, what and where in the structure should it appear.

I'm currently working on the Aged Creditors Analysis (Detailed) with disputed items report - SPLAGEDD.

I've attached the report in the hopes you can point me in the right direction. I've added a few extra fields to the Account Ref Header, as we need to see a little more info - but as they are all puling from the Purchase Ledger table, i don't think this is causing the issue, as i've tried the original report (added extra ref and nothing else) and i'm getting the same issue. The filter is also set to look at --BACS payment methods only.
SPLAGEDD-PRACTICE.REPORT
Hope this makes sense?
Thanks
Paul
Login to access the files attached to this post.

pauljj
User
User

Re: Aged Creditors Extra Ref and duplication

Post by pauljj » 09 May 2018, 11:34

Should i be looking at the joins too ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 09 May 2018, 13:59

The issue is that the details section is now getting split data as well as header data, so the header data is repeated for each split.

What you need to do is to use the split table values and add them up, not the header table values

This is because the header values will be repeated for each of the splits.

Here is my go at it.
SPLAGEDD-PRACTICE (BD).REPORT
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 14 May 2018, 10:32

Hi Bruce,

thanks for this - i just knew it was something like that, i am getting there bit by bit so thank you for working this, it works great for this part.
so, what I've noticed is now if i run more than one customer through the statement or indeed select multiple customers from the module and run the statement, the Balance figures are basically accumulating across all customers.

for example - if i run customer A with a balance of £100, and customer b has a balance of £50, the statement shows AUDIT_SPLIT.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE field as total of £150 for customer b.
does that make sense ?

I'm trying different reset sections ? would this be the way to look a this ?

Thanks
Paul

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 May 2018, 12:00

You just need to change the reset sections so each customer gets a reset
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 14 May 2018, 15:24

Hi bruce,

I've tried every option of reset on the AUDIT_SPLIT.FOREIGN_AGED_BALANCE field but just can't quite figure out why i can't get it to work?
am i looking a the correct field ?

15/05/18-hi Bruce, i think i may have confused my last couple of posts on the Age Creditors you help me fix and because that worked i had an issue with the Statement we use, kind of related problem. Ill post in a seperate thread.
apologies for the confusion and thanks.
Paul

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 16 May 2018, 14:21

This doesn't make a lot of sense, this is an aged creditors report, so you don't have customers, you have suppliers.

I am not sure why you have added the Header Number grouping, I guess you are trying to separate out each invoice for some purpose.

I have run my version against the demo data and it all looks fine.