Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Activity page discreoancy

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
Zosorory
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Activity page discreoancy

Post by Zosorory » 13 Mar 2018, 19:43

Hi,
Using Sage 2013 professional, windows 10.
Back in November 2017, we posted a series of customer and supplier transactions dated November 2018, when they should have been posted using dates in November 2017. These included a number of Contras as we have a company (BTs) who is both a supplier and customer to our company.
The problem was identified and the transactions were corrected using deletion and re entry, correction, or journal reversal, depending on the transaction type.
The problem is that I'm left showing outstanding invoices on the Customer and the Supplier Activity pages, at the bottom, where the aged account record is shown.
The invoices are not shown as unpaid in the main body of the page (ie, no asterisks) and aged creditor and debtor reports don't show them as outstanding either.
I just want to get rid of the 'apparent' outstanding invoice totals in the aged analysis at the bottom of the respective Activity pages.
Can you please suggest anything?.. Thanks, Ray

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Activity page discreoancy

Post by brucedenney » 13 Mar 2018, 19:50

I would check the data and see if there are any errors as a starting point.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 14 Mar 2018, 15:33

If you drill into the paid transaction, what is it paid by?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Zosorory
User
User

Post by Zosorory » 15 Mar 2018, 08:23

Thanks, guys..
I've checked data, no problems.
Drilling shows the transactions to have been paid by the contras and the balancing payments.
The date shown for the contras on the drilling is still the Nov 18 date, even though the wrongly dated contras were cancelled and reentered as part of the correction process.
The contras on the main Activity page show the right date, but the transactions seem to have 'held on' to the originally posted wrong contra date.

Zosorory
User
User

Post by Zosorory » 15 Mar 2018, 08:27

I've also reindexed but without any effect.
Im thinking I'll just have to wait till Nov 18, when hopefully it will clear itself!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Mar 2018, 10:28

Have you tried using the contras options to contra them off again?

Zosorory
User
User

Post by Zosorory » 15 Mar 2018, 12:58

I had deleted the original, wrongly dated contras. I then did new contras with the right dates. So, the main Activity pages show the correctly dated contras, and, all the invoices are 'paid'.
Its just that the drill downs still show the payments using the originally dated contras, and this seems to be keeping the contra amounts showing as outstanding on the ageing analysis at the bottom of the activity pages.
.... I don't want to make too big a deal about this; the problem seems to be cosmetic, and doesn't so far seem to be interfering with anything else. I'll be running year end in a week or two so I hope that will go OK. Thanks for your suggestions so far.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Mar 2018, 14:33

I am not sure I understand the issue are you saying that only on Aged reports that you are seeing anything other than what you expect.

Were the original contras dated in the future or something?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 15 Mar 2018, 14:39

I just had a go at this and the contra are dated the system date, so to date them in the future you would have set the system date to the future, is this the case or are you doing contras some other way?

So I went on and redated the transactions to the future

The Aged then shows a balance.

I then redated them again and the Aged goes back to zero.

I suspect you have a transaction that still has a future date on it.

When you view the Contra Entry in the account activity does it have the future date on it?
If it does, note the transaction number, go an edit the transaction and set the date to what you want it to be and all should be good.

Zosorory
User
User

Post by Zosorory » 17 Mar 2018, 16:19

Your reminder that the contra date is set as the system date has allowed me to resolve the problem. Thank you.
Although the contra date in the main Activity window was showing the correct date, drilling down on the invoice showed the contra with the wrong (future) date.
I can only assume that when the corrections were being done, the contras were corrected by somehow changing their date. The relevant invoice then somehow 'held onto' the original wrong date.
So, the invoice looked to be paid, but the aged creditor analysis still showed the contra amount as outstanding.
Solution was to delete the contras, delete the balancing payments as well, leaving the invoices, both Purchase and Sales, as outstanding. I then paid them as supplier payments and customer receipts. Another bank reconciliation, and all was OK.
There's probably a reason why you can't set a date when you create a Contra. It maybe that subsequent amendments should be more secure.
Thanks very much for your help... it was very useful to be able to kick it around! Regards, Ray