Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Pick Lists How can i omit Non-Stock items from showing

Report design issues and solutions.
pauljj
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Pick Lists How can i omit Non-Stock items from showing

Post by pauljj » 15 Feb 2018, 12:14

Hi Bruce,

I'm looking to see if i can omit Non-Stock items from appearing on the Sales Order Picking List and just show the inventory Stock items we need to pick.

I've tried to set up a conditional format filter to look at LOCATION, which we use for bin locations, and in my head i want the filter to exclude rows that are blank (a non-stock line has no bin location)
PICK LISTS FILTER.JPG
addendum - attached the wrong filter screenshot - have amended now. Also, i have set the Suppress Print to True
PICK LISTS FILTER PROPERTIES.JPG
Am i on the right track here? because i receive a warning message.(below) i keep the filter and run the report and it still includes non-stock items.
PICK LISTS FILTER WARNING.JPG
Login to access the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pauljj on 15 Feb 2018, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

pauljj
User
User

Re: Pick Lists How can i omit Non-Stock items from showing

Post by pauljj » 15 Feb 2018, 13:30

Not sure what is happening with the 3 jpg's i attached but they appear to either have some missing or they are repeating for some reason (?)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 15 Feb 2018, 15:56

You can add a filter to the report.

I am pretty sure the IGNORE_STK_LVL_FLAG is what indicates an item a non-stock one

Open the report in report designer.
Report>Filter
STOCK.STOCK.IGNORE_STK_LVL_FLAG=0

if there is something there already prefix with an AND, if there are OR conditions used, then you need to use brackets, I might have the value wrong it could be 1 that indicates nonstock
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pauljj
User
User

Post by pauljj » 16 Feb 2018, 13:44

Hi Bruce,

TYPE Type Description
0 Stock
1 Non Stock
2 Service

So, should i include the IGNORE_STK_LVL_FLAG as a field in the report itself? I added it into the Details section to see what numbers would be returned, which shows like the above table.

I added the filter into the LOCATION field and tried a couple of ways to either print if the "..level" = 0, also tried "..level" <> 0 then supress.
Neither seems to working right now. I added the filter into the conditional formatting section (Properties) and set the filters in there, is that the right place? Or is it a case that the entire report could be filtered on loading ?

Thanks
Paul

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 19 Feb 2018, 10:54

The filter needs to be on the report, not on a field in the report.

Open the report in report designer.

Report (word at top of screen menu) then chose Filter

You could use TYPE instead, that may be better if you use service items and want them to show.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.