Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Remittances

Report design issues and solutions.
LondonGIrl
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Remittances

Post by LondonGIrl » 30 Jan 2018, 13:21

Hi

First time poster here as I normally do ok with report designer.

Never used remittances in sage before but I need to start and I'm having some trouble.

Not everything showing on the report in designer mode is printing e.g. the words DATE, CHEQUE, REMITTANCE ADVICE and all the column headings in the table.

I can't edit or delete these fields either.

Can anyone help ?

THanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Remittances

Post by brucedenney » 30 Jan 2018, 16:32

I thin that you are looking at a report that has a template associated with it.

The template is providing all the text/background etc for the layout.

By default, I expect the remittance template is not printed when you print to a printer but is when you print to email or pdf.

The standard template has a grey background which is a waste of printer ink/toner and pretty ugly if you ask me.
You could tell the report to print the template when printing to the printer, if you don't mid the look of it.
You could remove the template and add text boxes to provide the headings, logos and so forth and make it look pretty.
You could make a new template of your own, that reflects your own style and apply it to lots of documents in Sage, think of it as a preprinted generic letterhead with a grid and boxes on it.

The options get more and more difficult, but they produce better and better results.

What would you like to do.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

LondonGIrl
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by LondonGIrl » 31 Jan 2018, 11:36

Thanks Bruce, it totally hadn't occurred to me that I was dealing with a template rather than report. I've printed it to PDF and the areas that should just show text (i.e. not coming from a data field) are still not showing and I can't select them to delete and replace with text boxes. Am hoping my attachments work
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 31 Jan 2018, 20:20

The template can be removed from the report.

Select the root of the report and view it's properties, the property called template will contain the path to the template,delete the path from the property and it will be gone.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

capitalsouvenirs
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Re:Printing invoice remotely

Post by capitalsouvenirs » 21 Apr 2018, 13:33

Hi
we are having the same problem when printing invoices remotely - so much grey background - is there any way to get rid of this?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2018, 15:37

Edit the layout and remove the template for the background or use the option to not print backgrounds and to only use them for PDF and email.

capitalsouvenirs
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by capitalsouvenirs » 23 Apr 2018, 08:26

Thank you very much for this.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 23 Apr 2018, 10:58

Here are the things you need to do on a picture

You need to select the root of the report in the report explorer (Red ring at top)

and in properties you can either

Delete the template (Red ring at bottom)
or
Change the Print Setting for the template to False (Green ring)
Untitled.png
Hope this helps
Login to access the files attached to this post.