Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Merchant Card Processing Statement

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Nichola
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Merchant Card Processing Statement

Post by Nichola » 10 Oct 2017, 12:42

I have just received a Merchant Card Processing Statement which I would like to reconcile to my accounts. I am a little confused as the reconciliation screen shows all of the sales receipts and also the bank transfers when the money has hit the bank. My question is do I just leave all of the receipts in the top window (in-matched) and balance off the bank transfer payments against the processing statement.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Merchant Card Processing Statement

Post by brucedenney » 10 Oct 2017, 13:26

The best way to deal with this is to set up a bank account for the merchant services and do a transfer between bank accounts to show the monies being transferred to the main account.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Nichola
User
User

Post by Nichola » 10 Oct 2017, 13:37

Hello Bruce,

I previously set up an bank account for card receipts and I log all of the sales invoices paid by credit card as a sales receipt to that account. When the money from the merchant services hits our bank I then do a transfer from the card receipt account to the bank account. Do I not need to go into the card receipt account and reconcile against the statement that I have received from the card company.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Oct 2017, 13:52

As always it depends on circumstances, the cost of reconciling it, could be more than the value of lost transactions.

The balance on the merchant account can be reconciled just like any other bank account.

However this can be tedious and have little benefit.

If you are going to do it then I suggest the way to do this is to match off everything then unmatch the outstanding items.

The alternative is to just monitor the outstanding balance on the merchant bank account, it should typically be X days transactions X being dependant on the provider. As long as it doe snot drift all is reasonably ok
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Nichola
User
User

Post by Nichola » 10 Oct 2017, 14:59

When you say match everything off, do you mean match all receipts and bank transfers?. I just cant fathom the concept. If it was just a case of matching the bank transfer to the statement then i'd be fine but because I am seeing all of the card receipts it is throwing me.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 13 Oct 2017, 12:22

You should only be seeing the individual payments in the merchant services account.