Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Bank Reconciliation with sage 50

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
DeeJen
User
User
Sage Version: v12 UK/Europe/Africa

Bank Reconciliation with sage 50

Post by DeeJen » 08 Sep 2017, 22:03

I have a number of internal bank transfers in Sage which show in my bank reconciliation screen but not in my actual bank account. How do I deal with these unreconciked transactions?
Also, is there a quick fix way of reconciling a few years worth of transactions? Each HSBC account transaction has been checked against Sage but not Sage's transactions against the HSBC bank account.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Bank Reconciliation with sage 50

Post by brucedenney » 12 Sep 2017, 11:42

The only way that a transaction can appear in the bank rec screen and not in the bank account history is if there is some data corruption.

Please check your data and make sure it is not corrupted.

In the bank rec, look at the transaction number, check in the bank account history, using the transaction number, hopefully it is there.

The bank rec process requires that you "match" the balance at the end of each statement.

It is possible that there are internal "dummy" transactions that have been entered that may cancel each other out. These can be matched off in the next reconciliation as they will not alter the end balance.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.