Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Export amount decimals to MS Access

Report design issues and solutions.
dinis
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Export amount decimals to MS Access

Post by dinis » 28 Apr 2017, 10:34

Hi
Sage 50 V21 - Win 7

I am exporting my GL to MS Access using the Audit_Journal frame, but my amounts come to Access without decimals. As I have too many small transactions, I end up having variances of £10 in some nominals, monthly. How can I include on Access the correct amount coming from Sage? I've linked my database directly to my companies.

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Export amount decimals to MS Access

Post by brucedenney » 28 Apr 2017, 11:42

The ODBC drivers pass values with 2 decimal places.

I have made a 32bit DSN, linked the external table into MS Access using ODBC and as you can see from the screenshot, I have 2 decimal places on the amount in Access
Untitled.png
You talk of the "Frame" assume you mean the table.

You use the term "GL" yet you are actually linking the Audit Trail not the nominal ledger.

Are you using the UK version?

Can you be specific on how you got the table in MS Access, it works fine for me.
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

dinis
User
User

Post by dinis » 28 Apr 2017, 13:57

Thanks, Bruce, and forgive my bad English... :)

I do exactly the same thing that you do, but the problem is when Access opens the window "select a unique identifier" . If I choose one field, it brings me decimals, but all other fields are duplicated. e.g. one transaction containing 3 lines with different nominals, will turn up in 3 lines with the same nominals. If I don't select any field, all fields come ok, but amounts come without decimals.
And yes I am using UK version.

If you have any suggestion, I really appreciate.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Apr 2017, 14:47

Are you selecting the transaction no as the unique identifier.?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

dinis
User
User

Post by dinis » 28 Apr 2017, 14:50

Yes, exactly.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 02 May 2017, 13:57

I don't get the same result, mine shows 2 decimal places.

You must be doing something differently or perhaps there is a bug in your version of access or something else.

I can't reproduce your issue so I can't really do much to help.