Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Remittance Advice - PO ref field

Report design issues and solutions.
Gizmodm
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Remittance Advice - PO ref field

Post by Gizmodm » 21 Jan 2017, 13:42

Hi all

By default the remittance advice has the PO reference / number listed which is no help for suppliers... :D

When we process a PO we put the suppliers invoice in the ref field of the PO.

I edit the remittance, have to add the PO table under joins which allows me to enter purchase_order_reference onto remittance layout. I delete the inv_ref data field and put in the purchase_order_reference field.

The above created multiple pages of remittance and it wasn't until I created a blank company, did one PO, updated ledgers, paid supplier and remittance worked.

HOWEVER when I did a second PO and asked for a remittance on this second PO I got two entries on the remittance, the second being the first PO. Where I was getting multiple pages it seems the layout is printing every single updated PO for a supplier..

I think this is a bug in sage unless I need to do more in this layout ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Remittance Advice - PO ref field

Post by brucedenney » 25 Jan 2017, 09:38

I don't quite follow... could you attach the layout to a post so I can see what has been done.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Gizmodm
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Gizmodm » 25 Jan 2017, 20:06

Hi Bruce

If you test , raise a PO, order, receive delivery, open PO and complete REF field with data ( our supplier invoice ), update ledger, pay supplier, remittance and voila all looks fine. If you do the same to another PO when you do a remittance it lists both POs.

Sage 50 Accounts Professional

Ver 21.5.9.201
SBD 12.1.553.0
Report Designer 1.4.2015.05

Thanks

Bill
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 27 Jan 2017, 14:18

You have it appears added the tables PURCHASE_ORDER but not defined any joins

You need to join the INV_REF on the REMITTANCE to the ORDER_NUMBER on the PURCHASE_ORDER the problem is that the INV_REF is Alphanumeric and the ORDER_NUMBER is Numeric and you can't join dissimilar data types.

So it can not be done.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.