Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

PLZ HELP

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
Heather

PLZ HELP

Post by Heather » 12 Sep 2007, 11:15

well i haven't done sage since the dark ages so after a long time off ill i (6years) my old boss offered me my old job back and i took it but i have forgotten how to do silly little things PLZ can some one help as i'm now getting so wooried..... i need this explainded in simple english THANKS SO MUCH :(

How and where do i enter petty cash receipts ?

if i pay a supplier by cash how do i enter this payment ?

how do i enter cash taken into the bank accoount ?

if i pay inland Revenue by a cheque how do i enter this payment ?

if i repay a loan the other company by cheque or cash how do i enter this ?

i know you will all think she shouldn't be doing this but i have to i need the money

from a very worried and scared person :oops: :(

bjt
User
User

Payment questions

Post by bjt » 14 Sep 2007, 15:53

Question: How and where do I enter petty cash receipts?

Cash entries can be posted through the Bank Receipts section. Select Bank > New Receipt. Select the petty cash account as the bank account and enter the date, reference and nominal code details.

Question: If I pay a supplier by cash how do I enter this payment?

Use the Supplier button from the Bank Accounts window to record payments you make to your suppliers. When you enter your supplier’s account reference, any outstanding invoice items automatically appear in the Supplier Payment window.

Question: How do I enter cash taken into the bank account?

Use the Bank module; select New Receipt and the Bank Receipts window appears. Enter the details of each receipt one line at a time.

Question: If a pay Inland Revenue by cheque, how do I enter this payment?

I would have thought this would simply be a payment out of the bank (current) account. The N/C is the tricky bit. I don’t know. Somebody else might be able to help with that but if all else fails you will have to ask your new employer!!

If a pay a loan to another company by cheque or cash, how do I enter this?

In the Bank module choose Payment enter the payment details, N/C 2300 appears to be the correct one.

I hope this helps but you really shouln't be afraid to ask advice from your new employer. It would be a lot better than making expensive mistakes and having to try to dig yourself out of it later!!

Good luck

John

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 01 Apr 2008, 14:28

John is spot on, assuming you are using a current version of Sage and have your nominal ledger setup using one of the standard layouts.

The inland revenue no longer exist, they are now HM Revenue and Customs.

The payments are made as Bank Payments however, the nominal code is dependant on what you are paying.

The basic principle for these sorts of payments is that they are done via a control accounts in the Balance Sheet. The Payroll or VAT journal will deposit into the control accounts the amount that is owed to various people/organisations eg VAT, Staff (wages), Pension plans, PAYE/NI and so on. The total cost of employing people would also go into the P&L, possibly spilt up into different groups. The payments are then made back against those control accounts and once the payments are done the balance should be 0.

HOWEVER

Some people don't bother doing their journals, so they might not use control accounts. This is not good practice, but as long as the accountant understands what is going on and you don't make any mistakes,it can be sorted at a later date fairly easily.

If you are not doing a payroll journal, then you really want to be posting the TAX/NI into the P&L somewhere along with the wages.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.