Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sales invoice transactions

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
Julieb
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Sales invoice transactions

Post by Julieb » 23 Aug 2014, 14:02

I have entered several Sales Invoices using the Batch option. They all have two transactions to each invoice - i.e. one with a nominal of 4000 (Sales) and a nominal of - 4905 for Distribution and carriage, yet they are both on one line when I look at the customer activity.
I know I can see the split by clicking Show details - but I want it to be shown as two separate transactions in the top half of the screen! One for the 4000 nominal and one for the 4905. I know this is possible because I work for several different companies - using their Sage Software - and the transaction is split on their system.
It's causing me no end of problems when printing reports - I'm having to export to csv and manually split the total into Sales and Postage. It's driving me mad!! I've spent hours looking at tools and settings - but can't seem to find a way to change the way transactions are recorded.
Any advice welcome!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sales invoice transactions

Post by brucedenney » 26 Aug 2014, 08:48

You need to give it 2 different invoice numbers perhaps attach a suffix of a/b/c to each of the splits so they become separate distinct invoices rather than being merged into one invoice with multiple splits.

Why do you want it to appear as 2 transactions on the top half of the customers account and not the one transaction that it is with 2 splits?

There is no reason I can think of to not have it as one invoice with 2 splits.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Julieb
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Julieb » 26 Aug 2014, 14:54

Thanks for your response.

I want it to show as two separate transactions because it has two different nominal codes one for sales of goods and the other for distribution/carriage - and the total shown on one line is the total of both. The invoice figure is a total of all sales for the month (from Amazon)- and when allocating the sales receipts, I need to split the receipt between the goods and the postage. If it's all on one line, Sage automatically allocates it to 4000 - meaning I haven't got a true balance on the postage... Also, is I need to raise a credit, it is difficult to allocate it to just the postage part of the invoice - it's a bit difficult to explain!! However, by giving it a different reference, as you say, it does show as two separate transactions so I can allocate the receipt for the goods to 4000 and the postage to 4905. I'm happy with that!! Thank you

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Aug 2014, 13:03

The nominal codes are in the splits, so you don't need to do that.

When you allocate, you normally only see the headers, however you can turn on "List Payment/Receipt by split" so that you can allocate against splits. This is in Settings>Bank Defaults>
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Graham1975
User
User
Sage Version: US Sage 50 Version (Peachtree)

Post by Graham1975 » 16 Jun 2015, 12:28

Hi guys , I have one question if I want to post invoices on sage but they are not from sales they are from other activities , is there any way to do it that on the aged debtors or sales report these invoices will not appear and will not confusing me with my actual sales invoices?
Thank you

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Jun 2015, 09:38

Your description is a little vague.

All sales on the sales ledger are are on the one debtors control account, indeed the fact that the two balance is the control if they didn't then there would be something wrong.

I would not be monitoring my sales from the debtors control account but from the profit and loss analysis and that is where you could use a different nominal code for the different types of sales or "other" activities and thereby monitor them.