Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

sales aged balance disagrees with control account

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
Emmacanne
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

sales aged balance disagrees with control account

Post by Emmacanne » 30 May 2014, 10:23

Dear God what have I done... and how do I fix it :shock:

This error warning was brougt to my attention yesterday. Since then I have been trying to pinpoint when it happened. I have, but do not for the life of me know how to fix it.

When I took over this position there was a wee bit of a mess to clean up, which I have been (relatively) successful in doing.. long story short..

There was bank receipts posted to a customer account (in error) sitting as payments on account but they had been picked up in a vat return and I was unable to delete them or reallocate them.
I (obviously suffering from a brainfart) created two sales invoices in order to clear the payments off the account.
In my sheer arrogance I assumed this would simply make the entries on the customer account disappear, which it did because I allocated the payments to said invoices. However it is from this point on that this error warning 'sales/purchase aged balance disagrees with control account' has appeared. :roll:

What incredibly stupid thing have I done!! and can you help me fix it?? I would have done a restore had I bothered to do a file maintenance check at the time and see it, but since then I have entered 4650 transactions... although I am prepared to re-enter every one of these transactions over the weekend... I am hoping you will have a more sensible solution :cry:

thank you
Emmacanne :|

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: sales aged balance disagrees with control account

Post by brucedenney » 30 May 2014, 15:03

I would look for a journal to the control account

Probably someone blindly posting what the accountant told them to do.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Emmacanne
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Emmacanne » 30 May 2014, 16:27

Thank you... Iyou are legend. :lol:

But... I am loath to say, I posted the journal... what I was thinking is anybody' guess. :roll:

I appreciate your help
Emmacanne :P

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 Jun 2014, 08:38

What I would do in those sorts of situations is to create an account next to the control account and label it
"Creditors control Audit Adj"

This way you can keep both parties (accountant and Sage 50) happy.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.